Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Didn't you like the cameraman?

Of course, it must have been my mum. I think the unfortunate hand gesture is because I'm holding some go-go, crazy bones things, remember them?

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m walking toward St. Peter’s in the Vatican this afternoon and see a guy wearing a Villa t-shirt coming toward me.  As he gets close, I say, “Up the Villa!”, and he just walks on without acknowledging me.  Now my first thought is that Rome is such a small town that there can’t be any other villa supporters besides @romavillan, so it must have been him and he’s being very rude to a fellow VTer.   So I’m calling on you, @romavillan to post your photo on here now to prove to me that it wasn’t you who ignored me.  Otherwise, I will forever think unpleasant thoughts whenever I read one of your posts!

14 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

So I’m walking toward St. Peter’s in the Vatican this afternoon and see a guy wearing a Villa t-shirt coming toward me.  As he gets close, I say, “Up the Villa!”, and he just walks on without acknowledging me.  Now my first thought is that Rome is such a small town that there can’t be any other villa supporters besides @romavillan, so it must have been him and he’s being very rude to a fellow VTer.   So I’m calling on you, @romavillan to post your photo on here now to prove to me that it wasn’t you who ignored me.  Otherwise, I will forever think unpleasant thoughts whenever I read one of your posts!

Closest I got to Rome today was Genzano. I've been out in the Castelli Romani for about 8 years now :)

First 6 years or so I was in town. Don't miss it much though now. Might post a picture tomorrow ...

You on hols?

I suppose you’re off the hook, then😉

Last couple of days in Italy.  The pic above was taken during a week at a villa outside Castelnuovo di Berardenga before heading to Florence for a few days then Rome.  Wish we could stay longer.  Beautiful country!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

And there was me admiring the view of California. Of course it’s Italy. I’m in Rome end of August .

Yeah, I wish I had a spread like that back home!

Have you been to Rome before?  My first time.  A lot to like, but it’s a bit crazy compared to Florence and the Chianti hills.  Hope it cools down a little when you come.

Edited by il_serpente

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Some of you have noticed that I've changed my avatar. It's because it's tied to my Facebook avatar, which I've temporarily changed (for a couple of weeks) to this picture of me and the bosses (the beard disappearance is also temporary, for the Summer): 

IMG-20190807-WA0001.jpg

Gorgeous Mike. 👍

Good idea too, using the infant to cover your massive chin. Very clever. :)

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
Â