How much did you enjoy your childhood?

Voinjama

One of the most tragic moments of my childhood was being too tall for Wacky Warehouse at seven years old; A time that should have been my prime years in the ball-pool cut short by something out of my control.

I remember going to a mate's birthday party and having to sit with the Moms whilst all the other children had the time of their lives in that mesh-netted paradise. :(....I was eight at this time but still hadn't full accepted it.

Blog184_Too%2BTall%2Bto%2BLove_2.jpg

• Like 1

My childhood was, on the whole, pretty damn good. Was an only child but was never lonely as had some real good mates. My parents are fantastic and still are... we grew up in Erdington and back then, it wasn't too bad. Certainly not the hole it is now. My Dad worked a lot of overtime and when I was 13 we moved to Sutton. My parents still live in that house.

School was enjoyable up to the age of about 13. Then I just wanted to leave. Was never bullied but was never 'in' with the cool kids. Left at 16 and never kept in contact with anyone. 

I once wrote to Jim'll Fix It and asked if he would fix it for me to meet Rolf Harris. He never replied, luckily, otherwise my childhood might have turned out very different.

My childhood was, on the whole, pretty damn good. Was an only child but was never lonely as had some real good mates. My parents are fantastic and still are... we grew up in Erdington and back then, it wasn't too bad. Certainly not the hole it is now. My Dad worked a lot of overtime and when I was 13 we moved to Sutton. My parents still live in that house.

School was enjoyable up to the age of about 13. Then I just wanted to leave. Was never bullied but was never 'in' with the cool kids. Left at 16 and never kept in contact with anyone.

I once wrote to Jim'll Fix It and asked if he would fix it for me to meet Rolf Harris. He never replied, luckily, otherwise my childhood might have turned out very different.

If the police ever see your Internet browsing history you may still get to meet Rolf :)

If the police ever see your Internet browsing history you may still get to meet Rolf :)

Nah i've checked mate, they are actually 18. They just look 12, which is a bonus. 

• Like 1

I had some very unfortunate cousins from my dads side who used to have a coin operated electric meter or TV meter.. I remember being amazed by it as a kid.

Loads of people had 50p electric meters, when I grew up! The man from the MEB used to get robbed on a regular basis, when it came to collection day! 

To us 70's children Robots could only mean this

I thought you were about 20-23 years old :o

43 ...

I'd understand from the spelling and grammar if you thought I was 9 but not sure where you'd get 20-23 from

+The miniature railway outside the back of the Viables centre.  Loved it.  Still here to this day, when I saw it after moving back here years later, the flood of memories nearly triggered a mental break.

Public_Rides_imag1.JPG

Choo-choo mother ****!

I see yourchildhood  Basingstoke miniature railway and raise you my childhood  Chertsey miniature railway

barry%20looking%20east1.jpg

7664181154_8674b5e017_c.jpg

I had the real thing as my playground, unattended rusting steam trains as far as the eye could see, just left for us to run along the tops of, or methodically work from train to train smashing the glass in the dials. Another great game was to take all the white stuff out of the boilers and fashion it into all year round snowmen, or, mould it into ramps and come back the next day with your bike once it had set.

Turns out later, the papier mache was actually asbestos. Apparently I can't be cremated without paying extra.

• Like 1

+The miniature railway outside the back of the Viables centre. Loved it. Still here to this day, when I saw it after moving back here years later, the flood of memories nearly triggered a mental break.

Public_Rides_imag1.JPG

Choo-choo mother ****!

I see yourchildhood Basingstoke miniature railway and raise you my childhood Chertsey miniature railway

barry%20looking%20east1.jpg

7664181154_8674b5e017_c.jpg

I had the real thing as my playground, unattended rusting steam trains as far as the eye could see, just left for us to run along the tops of, or methodically work from train to train smashing the glass in the dials. Another great game was to take all the white stuff out of the boilers and fashion it into all year round snowmen, or, mould it into ramps and come back the next day with your bike once it had set.

Turns out later, the papier mache was actually asbestos. Apparently I can't be cremated without paying extra.

Barry Island ?

My dad is a train nut and we spent a few summers there and Didcot

aye, lived on the island. Out the front window a fairground and the sea. Out the back window, steam trains and docks.

freekin' awesome

Hours of fun on the non-tourist beach around the corner playing aerosol roulette. Wait for night to fall, light a fire, chuck in an aerosol can and stand around it in a circle. Eventually the can explodes, blowing out the fire leaving everyone in pitch black darkness staring into the dark trying to work out who's missing as they took the aerosol missile to the legs. We didn't need computer games, we made our own fun.

Â