How much did you enjoy your childhood?

Voinjama

I can't remember much of mine. Primary school was mostly dull except the odd trip away. I remember Dublin in the 90s more than I do Belfast, which is odd. Both had a distinctly grainy quality, but Dublin had charm. I mostly remember snapshots from holidays and small incidents like sitting in a field with a dog. I also remember summer being, like, sunny. From 10+ (after 2000) everything changed rapidly - shiny new buildings, decent pavement, a sudden decline in the number of chaps with guns and army vechiles along the roads. That's really it for childhood though. After that it was sex, drugs and Carlton Cole.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

• Like 1

To expand more on my childhood.

1986-1989 I can't remember.

1990-1995 Good

1996 and 1997 Bad

1998 until September 1999 Good

September 1999 to June 2003 Really Bad

June 2003 to July 2007 A mixture

July 2007 to August 2008 Quite good

August 2008 to November 2009 Bad

November 2009 to present Good

Apart from my 4 years at the Grammar School and my 2nd year at uni, life has been good. And yes I realise I have strayed into adulthood.

Edited by Voinjama

My childhood was pretty good. We lived in Erdington, which I'm sure some of you know is a bit of a rough area. A lot of my mates ended up becoming wrong uns (not in the Rob sense), but my parents and family are of good salt of the earth stock, so I always knew right from wrong, and managed to steer clear of any serious wrong doing.

I spent a lot of time in Tamworth growing up too, as two of my grandparents lived there. That was a massive change of environment for a lad from Brum, as I always found it so much more peaceful, and it was nice not to have to constantly look over your shoulder.

I can't say I ever wanted for anything. My parents were really great. They did everything they could for me and my brother.

School was mostly OK. A bit of bullying here and there, but being a football fan got me out of being massively picked on. As I got older I got taller and broader too, which put a stop to the bullying full stop from there on in.  

Edited by dAVe80

I enjoyed my younger days I suppose. I definitely didn't not enjoy them anyway. All in all they were pretty uneventful, and I was pretty content. I've had a relatively dull life in truth, but I'm happy with my lot

It would go - HELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHELLO...

Rather than -

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

Can I have a bun, please?

;)

Edited by Xann

10 PRINT “HELLO ”;

20 goto 10

Ooh, get you with your semicolon. :)

Can't remember quite what that meant after a print statement.

It repeated it along the same line rather than a new line for each hello ( which I think required a coma )

Edit: just seen the post above mine ... Out Geeked meh :(

Edited by tonyh29

Rather than -

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

Ah, I vaguely remember. Cheers.

;)

[1984]Bun, boy?

Where do you think you are? Bloody Butlins? Haven't you seen Michael Buerk on the news? People are starving, you know.[/1984]

You were only ever playing at being one, anyway. ;)

You were only ever playing at being one, anyway. ;)

Meh I knew the "serverdict begin exitserver " PostScript code to turn off the start up page on the early laser printers in the days before you could just do it via the software

I did also invent the spacer to fix the Apple ImageWriter print head problem ( by invent I found the solution ,apple actually built the part :) )

Do I win geek status now

Primary school good

Grammar school a bloody nightmare, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Best days of your life? Bolox

That's exactly the same as me with regards to schools. Why did you hate Grammar School.

Primary school good

Grammar school a bloody nightmare, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Best days of your life? Bolox

That's exactly the same as me with regards to schools. Why did you hate Grammar School.

Presumably because the kids sitting behind him used to flick ink at him during class :)

Rather than -

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

HELLO

;)

No bun. There's clearly a space in the quotes.
  • Like 2

One of my first memories is getting stung by a wasp. Bastard wasps.

The universe is chaos, hostility and murder.

I wish I could like this twice because one of my first memories is being stung by a wasp too (Wonder if it was the same wasp? Haha if it was 'Stung by a wasp too' could be the sequel)

And I'm a big Werner Herzog fan.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Â