Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

Our record and standard of performances on Merseyside in the last few years has been brilliant, we even got two decent draws during the McLeish season. Must be something in the Mersey.

Of course we'll lose eventually again at Goodison (unbeaten there since March 2006) but good time to be playing them, seems to me they'll have to play Mirallas or Naismith centrally.

One fear I do have is midfield area, once they went 1 up at VP they had the measure of us so as ever with away games we need the first goal otherwise it might be a struggle.

1-1.

We definitely cant be giving a two goal lead away at Everton. They're way too organised to allow us back in as WBA did.

-----------------Goose--------------------

Lowton----Vlaar----Clark----Bertrand

----------------Westwood-----------------

------Bacuna----------------Delph------

-----------------Hoolahan-----------------

---------Benteke------Weimann----------

What is it you guys say? "It might be a cricked score"? That'd fit this game, if Lambert persists with the diamond and Martinez sends everton out like normal a similar scoreline to last year or higher scoring is certainly in play.

Edited by Rovers13

I heard from a mate CNZ was fantastic last night. On the highlights as well for that chance that gabby and benteke fluffed CNZ was the man who beat the two City players to cross the ball in (even if it was chested down by Lescott). He also had brilliant awareness to nip behind that City defender and tap in the rebound to get the 3rd goal.

Needs to be consistent though!

Good point actually. Maybe the game will come to soon

-----------------Goose--------------------

Lowton----Vlaar----Clark----Bertrand

----------------Westwood-----------------

------Bacuna----------------Delph------

-----------------Hoolahan-----------------

---------Benteke------Weimann----------

Nice to have a plan b when Gabby is injured

I heard from a mate CNZ was fantastic last night. On the highlights as well for that chance that gabby and benteke fluffed CNZ was the man who beat the two City players to cross the ball in (even if it was chested down by Lescott). He also had brilliant awareness to nip behind that City defender and tap in the rebound to get the 3rd goal.

Needs to be consistent though!

Good point actually. Maybe the game will come to soon
Is my phone playing up or did you actually quote that in here? Edited by chappy

Villa were 7/1 yesterday with Paddy Power, sadly I forgot to back it but have since snapped them up at 6s after hearing Everton will be without Distin & Coleman. 

Since had a 5er on Benteke to score 2 or more at 17/1 and a hatrick at 80/1.

I've backed the 7/1 as well, seems overpriced, I recall we were similar odds when we beat arsenal away first game of the season... for me this seems like a lesser task, we are playing them at the right time in my opinion.

I'm off to this and quietly confident of a result of some sort, going for 2-2.