• Fabian Delph
    • Karim El-Ahmadi
    • Leandro Bacuna
    • Andreas Weimann
    • Christian Benteke
    • Yacouba Sylla (for El-Ahmadi 76)
    • Grant Holt (for Lowton 65)
    • Nathan Baker (for Weimann 80)

Andi MotM for me. Our D was shambles first half, but did better in the second, Vlaar with some concrete walling.

KEA worst by far. Guzan not the sharpest.

Really liked Holt. Not bad from Lambert to bring him in and on.

I really don't get this. KEA was one of our best players last night, he pressed so hard and rarely gave the ball away. The only reason he got substituted was because he was knackered. 

Agree that Andi was great and so was Delph and Vlaar.

Hi, it's interesting that we saw KEA so differently. Just like Nigel said to someone else too. Looks to me like most agreed with me, but nevermind.

About Clark, who seemed to also divide views yesterday, I am a fan and hope he improves even further, but yesterday wasn't his best game. Not poor, but not as solid as he has been. In the beginning I thought he'd gone back to last year, but he improved and in the second half he did well.

• Like 1

i think theres a lot of unfair criticism of Matt Lowton. He's in the side for his attacking play so you can't have it both ways if he's caught out of position a couple of times. We would not have got back into that game if it had not been for Lowton.

Yep, I think Owen scored after 5 minutes. Petrov and Mellberg had a bad game on the right flank and had a little row and both were subbed after the first half. Carew scored a hat trick and about norwegian Villans were there to watch it. :) And Bouma scored an unstoppable belter...

Yep and Harewood was absolutely magnificent.

aaaah my bad thought it was 3-2, here's the highlights :) http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1090939/newcastle_united_1_aston_villa_4_feb_09_2008/

Andi MotM for me. Our D was shambles first half, but did better in the second, Vlaar with some concrete walling.

KEA worst by far. Guzan not the sharpest.

Really liked Holt. Not bad from Lambert to bring him in and on.

I really don't get this. KEA was one of our best players last night, he pressed so hard and rarely gave the ball away. The only reason he got substituted was because he was knackered. 

Agree that Andi was great and so was Delph and Vlaar.

Hi, it's interesting that we saw KEA so differently. Just like Nigel said to someone else too. Looks to me like most agreed with me, but nevermind.

About Clark, who seemed to also divide views yesterday, I am a fan and hope he improves even further, but yesterday wasn't his best game. Not poor, but not as solid as he has been. In the beginning I thought he'd gone back to last year, but he improved and in the second half he did well.

I think the thing with KEA is he's so good without the ball chasing and harassing, but god awful with the ball.

• Like 1

I like to imagine that video was actually in the 89th minute, and even though we were about to win 4-3, he's just one of those fans that are never happy :D
  • Like 1

Good result but poor defending and poor quality football.

Totes amaze.

Thought we made two defensive errors and fair play to the Baggies we were punished for them. We played some good stuff going forward, scored 4 could have had 6 or 7.

I'd be interested if you could elaborate.

• Like 1

In 1983 this happened according to the Guardian:

9.06pm GMT

"You may already have this," says my colleague Rob Smyth, mistaking me for someon who knows a lot about football, "but on the opening day of the 83-84 season Villa v West Brom was 4-3 at half-time (and stayed 4-3)."

But looking at the video, it looks like Aston Villa scored the last goal in the second half, making it 3-3 at half time. I may be wrong. Anybody knows when the goals went in? Cant't find it on Google.

Anyways, great game!!!! Wohooooo UTV!

Same shirts, too! 

Pretty sure this is the right game, http://watchthismatch.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/aston-villa-4-3-west-bromwich-albion-3.html

• Like 1

Haven't managed to get on here since last night.

Superb win. Vlaar was immense for most of the game as thought he'd have gone off injured at half time. Looked like he was struggling. Big 3 points. Hopefully we can start to look upwards again soon.

Good result but poor defending and poor quality football.

Totes amaze.

Thought we made two defensive errors and fair play to the Baggies we were punished for them. We played some good stuff going forward, scored 4 could have had 6 or 7.

I'd be interested if you could elaborate.

If you went to the game and watched the quality of football and the defensive performances of both teams then you would not need an explanation.

I don't tend to be influenced by the result when making a comment on the style and performance.

Â