sir_gary_cahill

André Green

Should have trained to become a RB. Lacks the skill and creativity to play on the wing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On other games Ive seen him play in. 

Take it you don’t rate him mate? ;)

I got the original post on email. :)

I edited because I felt it was a wee OTT by me and I made the point enough in my previous post chap.  ;)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I really like the guy and want him to do well, but not sure he is good enough at this stage. He has had the opportunities, but has not really taken them.

Possibly out on loan for a year might help.

One thing I do know - Adomah is no better and we are in serious need of another winger.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Should have trained to become a RB. Lacks the skill and creativity to play on the wing.

I think he looks better when he hugs the chalk instead of cutting inside. He is a Bruce'esque type of player in the sense that kick and run suits him. Possession based football doesn't as he doesn't have the skill. Which I think I pointed out very early when he came back from Portsmouth. He never will be a DS football type of player. It isn't in his locker. But I still like him, he just needs to play to his strengths instead of cutting inside. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I edited because I felt it was a wee OTT by me and I made the point enough in my previous post chap.  ;)

But you defended him so I’m a bit confused?  

So you think he’s a shit player or just had a shocker?

Either way he won’t be starting Wembley that’s for sure.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I defended the whole team as we were largely frustrated last night.

He has made an impact as a sub on many occasions this season since his return from Loan but I am still looking for him to kick on to that next level which he has not yet done.

I like him - maybe cause of our situation and he shows glimpses of promise but I just don't think time is on his side with us.

I agree, I doubt he will start the final.

31 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

One thing I do know - Adomah is no better and we are in serious need of another winger.

Cometh the hour, cometh the wasteman.

• Haha 2

It's very important to give young players the time and opportunities needed to flourish but I'm really worried about Green, as he's not progressing IMO. His passing and crossing are just nowhere near good enough to play at a high level on the wing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the wasteman.

Please tell me yannick isn't coming back

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For me....He is a player that i would love to come good, he has the stature to be a monster in the game.....but he just drifts in to this melancholy state of mind and watches the game drift by him....I really worry for him.

You can't expect to go up unless 11 players are at it......7 or 8 and it becomes a monumental task. sadly I think we have some superb players and others that should not be there.....and its a drain on the good ones.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I really like the guy and want him to do well, but not sure he is good enough at this stage. He has had the opportunities, but has not really taken them.

Possibly out on loan for a year might help.

Pronto.

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Please tell me yannick isn't coming back

Alas, poor Yannick. 

• Haha 1

Think he’ll be out on loan next season regardless, especially if we win on 27th May. A season playing regularly could do him the world of good.

Not writing him off just yet. Still only 20, it could be argued that Jack has really only shown what he could do - on a regular basis - over the past 18 months or so and Jack is 23 now.

But I agree with the general point, it’s a position we need to be looking at regardless of what happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

He's young, has plenty of time to get better and it will happen.

I don't think he played as bad as what some are making out he did, I think he played well.

Imagine if we had joe lolly in his place! Thats the sort of player we want (but unfortunately have got) Would compliment our current line up so well! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, honest_bertie said:

Imagine if we had joe lolly in his place! Thats the sort of player we want (but unfortunately have got) Would compliment our current line up so well! 

or Jarrod Bowen

• Like 1

No offence Green, As I think best if we offered him left for new club low-level as I don't see him Championship High level or Premiership Level Unfortune ... but he still young and plenty potential, i would sell him to fund new player as we have El Ghazi our first choice in left inside forward | Right Winger. as he is good direct player but poor cross and scare to try long shot, and he some time lost ball by passing error.. all these can improve quickly if work hard in training or in his own time... at moment he is need prove he is good enough so he can keep as back up to El Ghazi.

Â