André Green

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

a lot of bad decisions? 

Ran into players, lost the ball etc. when better options were available. Although that could be said for most of them.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Didn't look like he understood how to change the game and was stationary expecting a pass for a lot of his time on the pitch, but heck, it was his first start and did just as well as the rest of the team.
Clearly grew in confidence as he was having more touches when the ball was at his feet but probably learnt that he cannot expect to make a pass, he has to make a pass!

Great learning experience, just what he needs (to realise he's nowhere near good enough) and hopefully he got back into training today working harder than ever. Glad to see him come on before Sinclair too, because he is absolute turd. 

Ran into players, lost the ball etc. when better options were available. Although that could be said for most of them.

Wow that's unbelievably harsh.

I counted twice that he was double marked and still pushed the ball and whipped a cross in (one from the left and one from the right), and he tracked his marker (Rose) when needed, both of which are more than Gil managed to do during the game.

Not saying it was amazing but I'd be pretty happy with that debut as a 17yr old.

• Like 3

I thought he was excellent yesterday, a shining ray of light, I sat with his family tonight at the Arsenal u21 game along with his girlfriend. It was a pleasure, I didn't stop laughing the whole game, he was again outstanding and looks to be outgrowing u21 football. He has some great assets, terrific pace and ball control but also has a great football brain, he has so much potential but at the age of 17, that's all it is, potential. He can go either way but at the moment but at the moment, I'd say the signs are looking very promising for him!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was excellent yesterday, a shining ray of light, I sat with his family tonight at the Arsenal u21 game along with his girlfriend. It was a pleasure, I didn't stop laughing the whole game, he was again outstanding and looks to be outgrowing u21 football. He has some great assets, terrific pace and ball control but also has a great football brain, he has so much potential but at the age of 17, that's all it is, potential. He can go either way but at the moment but at the moment, I'd say the signs are looking very promising for him!

Apart from Green, who played well tonight SGC?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apart from Green, who played well tonight SGC?

It was the first time I had seen Keinan Davis and I was very impressed. He's very quick and strong and also has a trick or 2. Niall Mason was again very solid at the back, he really is a superb defender, he reads the game very well, he's great in the air and a good tackler. His partner at CB was Easah Suliman, he's very composed and elegant, he's a very good defender indeed

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Pfff.  Yet another debutant who isn't the finished article.  I say sell him to Preston for fiddy grand.

Judging by the way most go we might as well get it out the way and save ourselves a few quid and a lot of disappointment.

Seriously tho, although individuals should be judged individually, I've lost count of the times people post similar in response to people writing a player off just (just because it's early days). Yet 8/10, it's the right call at villa.

Â