André Green

sir_gary_cahill

• 1 month later...

fair play to the lad, put in 2 decent crosses and rightfully had a go at Gestede for not even making a move for one. Seems to have character and offered more as a wide threat than Sinclair ever has

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Was this the kid who was very highly rated years back but had a bad injury? Or was that Jordan Graham?

Probably Graham. Green is 17 yrs old

• Like 1

Sounds like he did well.

As I've been saying many times on here, 2-3 of our best youngsters really should be given a go, if not from the start then at least be a regular feature from the bench. Game time in the premier league will only benefit them, and they will not do any worse than the 'regulars'. 

half an hour of tidy, more traditional wing play. Held his own against the best defensive unit in the league and put the ball into dangerous areas, never looking like the occasion would get to him. If I'm being super critical, he was a little slow to close down while defending. B+, deserves future appearances.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Is Green another local born lad in Birmingham/West Midlands?

As various websites don't have where he comes from within it's information

Solihull I believe like JG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Is Green another local born lad in Birmingham/West Midlands?

As various websites don't have where he comes from within it's information

From the OS:

Andre Green has risen through the Bodymoor Heath ranks to U18 level.

The wide player/centre forward from Solihull signed at the age of nine.

Quick developer Green made his U21 debut as a 15-year-old back in January 2014. He made the senior matchday XI for the first time as an unused substitute in Villa's final Premier League match of the 2014/15 campaign against Burnley.

Green netted his first goal of the season for the U18s in October 2015 - a fine solo effort to earn a 1-0 win over Fulham at Motspur Park.

He is now a second year scholar for the 2015/16 season.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5111808,00.html

Â