André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Hmmm yet to see him play yet by and large I trust andyclarkes opinion about him from FM from past experience about players. Don't see why other posters would doubt that considering past records and other information. Just because one poster who has seen significantly more youth games and has in turn made more significantly outrageous predictions shouldn't put fans off being mildly excited for an academy prospect coming good for the club. When those predictions are made in conjunction and with support of andy I feel inclined to suppport them because of the stellar job he has done in effectively showing many players to come through our academy.

Horrible aren't I?!

I was defending the guy and the thread to be fair because it so easily gets ruined by people desperate to score a point.

To be fair, I don't think it's point scoring with SGC because he's a nice bloke and he clearly shows he can have a laugh about it.

Thanks for the info Andy.

Who do you think our best youth prospect is and who is the biggest prospect for England? (I'm assuming you know a lot about all youth football and not just villa)

There are 4 lads at Villa who have represented England over the last 12 months, Andre Green, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy at u16 level and Corey Taylor and Easah Suliman at u17 level. They are the immediate prospects and there are a couple of lads below that who are starting to make an impression.

From an England perspective it is hard to look past Dan Crowley (no debate on him in here though lads ;)) and then at u16 level Marcus Edwards of Tottenham. You may see Edwards on the highlights, plays off the front, little lad with a huge afro. I also like Jacob Maddox a midfielder from Chelsea and Layton Ndukwu a wide player from Leicester but he did not make the squad for this tournament.

• Like 1

Who do you think our best youth prospect is and who is the biggest prospect for England? (I'm assuming you know a lot about all youth football and not just villa)

There are 4 lads at Villa who have represented England over the last 12 months, Andre Green, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy at u16 level and Corey Taylor and Easah Suliman at u17 level. They are the immediate prospects and there are a couple of lads below that who are starting to make an impression.

From an England perspective it is hard to look past Dan Crowley (no debate on him in here though lads ;)) and then at u16 level Marcus Edwards of Tottenham. You may see Edwards on the highlights, plays off the front, little lad with a huge afro. I also like Jacob Maddox a midfielder from Chelsea and Layton Ndukwu a wide player from Leicester but he did not make the squad for this tournament.

Thanks Andy.

Yeah looks like we're going to miss out with crowley.

How does Andre compare to grealish and Graham at this age?

Thanks Andy.

Yeah looks like we're going to miss out with crowley.

How does Andre compare to grealish and Graham at this age?

On a scale of 'thanks' to 'no thanks'

At the same age Graham was full of tricks and stepovers he still is to some extent which is why first team football is hard to come by. The lad is incredibly talented but it is hard to translate his ability to senior football, there are not many around who can play like that.

Grealish has always been a very clever player, not as direct. At Notts he disengages himself from the game to find space and comes deep to get the ball in the same way as someone like Rooney does. His real strength is how intelligent he is on the ball, how he moves it on at the last second, buys a tackle, his agility and touch. His game is about getting on the ball and either building play or making something happen, not flying down the wing.

Green is quicker than Grealish, more of a traditional wide player in the modern inside out sense! Similar in that regard to Graham but more direct.

• 1 year later...
Â