André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Thought he was pretty poor when he came on but he got in the right position and took his goal well and that's something that no other winger is doing at the moment. Really hope that the goal gives him a bit of confidence and if he gets a run of games he can get provide another threat alongside Abraham.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2019 at 12:00, Killeen30 said:

I’d be happy for Green to get some game time. I like him and I like his attitude. Good movement too. He always seems to find his way to crosses at the back post.

Just quoting myself from last month. Well done Andre!

Had some wayward crosses and got dispossessed a few times but fought back for the ball and showed his determination for the goal. It’s something different and crucial when our starting wingers were doing nothing either way.

• Like 1

Surprised he didn't get injured.

Still think we need better in the long run but he will do for now given the extremely limited amount of impact players we have at the club.

Think he needs to play alot more football with a big run in the team if he's going to make it here.

Edited by AshVilla

Has to be in contention to start the next game. None of the other wingers would have got on the end of that cross to equalise. It's cliche but it's about commitment and desire. This kid cares, could see how annoyed he was at his wayward crosses. Deserved the goal and deserves a chance to start.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

YES ANDRE!

Absolutely rubbish aside from the last 30 seconds of that appearance.

Hope he can use the confidence as a platform because he will be starting the next match.

Completely agree - if anyone watched the game back he was absolutley woeful. He took the goal well but ultimately he isnt the answer to our problems and I really worry that if he is starting for us next season we really are in a mess as he isn’t going to take us back to the PL. Yes he appears to love the club but I think sometimes people get miguided views on players because they are so desperately hoping that one of our own comes good.

That being said I do hope it gives him confidence and he does put a run of decent performances together but my instinct is that he is not very composed under pressure and too lightweight and ultimately will be another youngster who falters under the incredible pressure we put on our players.

prove me wrong Andre!

Good to see he's been practising his heading in his time away!

Not too much to be excited about apart from that, hit one cross that went out for a throw in and another actually just before he scored that went out for a goal kick after he took ages to actually cross it.

Deep down there's a decent player there (similar to Albrighton) so just hope he can stay injury free and DS can improve him.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Deep down there's a decent player there (similar to Albrighton) so just hope he can stay injury free and DS can improve him.

Agree that there is a player in there somewhere and given a decent run of games he may just come into his own but it's a shame he seems to be made out of balsa wood so we'll probably never get to see it

Â