André Green

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes, very surprising to see he hasn’t developed while sitting on the bench in League One. 🙄

We should have been trying to develop him these last three years rather than telling him to roll his sleeves up and pull his boots on then dump him on the South coast while we pay for Bolaise’s rehabilitation.

Why do you think he was sitting on the bench in league 1. Maybe he is too good to play at that level!

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why do you think he was sitting on the bench in league 1. Maybe he is too good to play at that level!

I don’t know, I’ve not been watching their games. I do know though that from what I’ve seen of him in our colours I’d rather have him playing than a number of those who have played this season. I think he is easily good enough to play in the Championship.

• Like 3

Affected the game when he came on.  Didn't do anything spectacular and had a couple of slightly dodgy moments. In the main though he kept the ball moving forwards positively and generally kept possession. 

Streets ahead of £80k a week Bolasie who lost the ball almost everytime he touched it. 

• Like 4

I don't think he'll be good enough long term, doesn't seem to have enough about him and I'm not convinced of his footballing abilities. At least he still has time to develop though and I would much rather have him starting games over Adomah or Bolasie who are only going one way from here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Think he got injured when he got to Portsmouth and they were flying quite high so maybe didnt want to damage a winning formula. He still got 5 goals in 12 games according to reliable source Wikipedia

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t know, I’ve not been watching their games. I do know though that from what I’ve seen of him in our colours I’d rather have him playing than a number of those who have played this season. I think he is easily good enough to play in the Championship.

Hope you are right. He is a supreme althlete but I just do not see a footballer there. Slightly off topic but I do rate big Kienen and yet he just can’t seem to get a look in!

He came on and gave the ball away on the first two occasions that he had it - he looked a bit nervous and a bit rusty - after that he settled okay without looking particularly like he was going to win it for us - I think it would have done him (and me) a world of good if he'd tucked away the chance with four or five minutes to go but it wasn't to be. He's a useful squad option.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2019 at 18:50, djdabush said:

I'm not certain he's ready to be a regular player for us yet, I'd have rather he'd stayed at Portsmouth as I think he would have developed more there. 

Agree with the first bit mate, but he wasn't getting an awful lot of game time at Portsmouth. 

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith said he wants to and I quote ‘’drive his market value up’’ in an interview I saw on YouTube. Are we just a selling club now?

It's a model we've needed to adapt to for years. That's just where we are as a club. We need to start developing our own players more with the intention of either selling them on for good money, or they stay with us and keep performing relatively well. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It's a model we've needed to adapt to for years. That's just where we are as a club. We need to start developing our own players more with the intention of either selling them on for good money, or they stay with us and keep performing relatively well. 

In my opinion, the manager shouldn’t say that in an interview, he should keep those kind of things to himself. I see what you’re saying and kind of agree but we shouldn’t be a selling club, Green may well be an outstanding player in the future

Could just mean he wants him to play. He will play all of our players with an expectation that their market value will go up if they play well. Including Grealish.

We play Green and if he does well, he stays and we have a good player, if he doesnt perform he is match fit and we can let him go for an increase of value compared to a player who played 6 games for a league 2 side. 

Just speculating. 

Â