André Green

sir_gary_cahill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whats going on? he was back in training before Kodjia and had the same 45 min in a closed doors friendly. Why isnt he getting a look in? Would rather he be coming on for Adomah than a 3rd or 4th striker..........

Edited by KSV

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Whats going on? he was back in training before Kodjia and had the same 45 min in a closed doors friendly. Why isnt he getting a look in? Would rather he be coming on for Adomah than a 3rd or 4th striker..........

Should be starting on Tuesday - time to rest Albert .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I agree.....but when he does come on he needs to be asking questions, when he is match fit, of course.

He needs to be showing a similar reaction to the play and positional sense that sessegnon shows, if he is to be rated as some do.

The young players need to step up to the plate when they do get a chance, not just make up the numbers.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.....but when he does come on he needs to be asking questions, when he is match fit, of course.

He needs to be showing a similar reaction to the play and positional sense that sessegnon shows, if he is to be rated as some do.

The young players need to step up to the plate when they do get a chance, not just make up the numbers.

He looked good before his injury. His goal against Norwich is still one of the best goals anyone scored this season. Superb technique

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 15:00, TRO said:

I don't think anyone should rate him by comparison with Sessegnon. He really is special.

But Green is certainly plenty good enough for us, and really should be in there in lieu of Adomah, who is showing signs of wilt.

• Like 2

If hes fit and ready to go id start him tonight. Adomah looks like someone who needs a break. Thought saturday we looked bereft of ideas down the left. Was more keep ball from hutton and adomah than actually going forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think anyone should rate him by comparison with Sessegnon. He really is special.

Agreed, Sessegnon is a prodigy who looks to be a cert to become World Class one day.

Green is a tier or 2 below that currently.

You could argue Jack at his best might also be on the tier below Sessegnon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, Sessegnon is a prodigy who looks to be a cert to become World Class one day.

Green is a tier or 2 below that currently.

You could argue Jack at his best might also be on the tier below Sessegnon.

Agreed. I think Jack, even at his best, is definitely not as good as Sessegnon, .

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agreed. I think Jack, even at his best, is definitely not as good as Sessegnon, .

Not so sure about that.....Sessegnon is more consistent granted.....but when Jack is on it, he is special too.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think it is hard to compare because they play in different positions but the potential of the 2 players is frightening 

On 4/4/2018 at 00:00, HanoiVillan said:

Jack could be one of the best players in the country, Sessegnon could be one of the best players in the world. 

Emphasis of course heavily on 'could be', in both cases. 

This

• Like 1

Is Green injured? If not, and certainly Bruce indicated that everyone was available, then I cannot understand why Bruce would not have him in there in stead of Adomah.

A problem I think Bruce has is that he sticks with the same team for too long, in stead of making small tweaks as we go along when some players are showing signs of a dip, which Adomah, whom I think is great, has certainly been doing for the last few games.

Â