André Green

sir_gary_cahill

• 1 month later...

We miss this lad, particularly in games like today.

He's quick, direct, and he's got some skill on the ball. We've got nobody else like him, which needs looking at in January.

In Snodgrass, Adomah and Grealish we've got three players around the forward line who have got reasonable pace and varying levels of trickery and delivery. Right now, Green would be the only out ball when we're under pressure and want to stretch teams.

I've no idea when he's due back, but he - or someone like him - is going to be vital, especially away from home.

43 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's quick, direct, and he's got some skill on the ball. We've got nobody else like him, which needs looking at in January.

In Snodgrass, Adomah and Grealish we've got three players around the forward line who have got reasonable pace and varying levels of trickery and delivery. Right now, Green would be the only out ball when we're under pressure and want to stretch teams.

I've no idea when he's due back, but he - or someone like him - is going to be vital, especially away from home.

when he went out of the side, his ball control and ball retention was a bit iffy.....but pace, yes we are missing it.

8 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nah, doesn’t hoof it enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yup. You need options and he was definitely missed yesterday. 

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thought I'd check in with André...

He's in the US at the minute, rehabbing at the Under Armour performance centre...

No expense spared. I doubt you see players from Bolton or Burton rehabbing at a place like this. Nice to see us acting like a big club again. He has also taken in some hiking...

And learning the piano...

I can't help but like André, a lot. If ever there was a lad who deserved to make it it's him.

Long road back but would be great to see him in January. Literally like a new signing. 

Not ANOTHER piano playing footballer. I wish they would find something else to do than tinkling the ivories. YAWNS. 

Surely he could find some kind of drinking establishment to fall out of? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thought I'd check in with André...

He's in the US at the minute, rehabbing at the Under Armour performance centre...

No expense spared. I doubt you see players from Bolton or Burton rehabbing at a place like this. Nice to see us acting like a big club again. He has also taken in some hiking...

And learning the piano...

I can't help but like André, a lot. If ever there was a lad who deserved to make it it's him.

Long road back but would be great to see him in January. Literally like a new signing. 

Good, hiking in snow and cold temperatures builds up spirit and personality! As a resident finn I whole-heartedly approve of this.

4 hours ago, Jarpie said:

Good, hiking in snow and cold temperatures builds up spirit and personality! As a resident finn I whole-heartedly approve of this.

You say that but ask any of my friends what I'm like when hiking in snow and cold temperatures and they will tell you I am a right misery guts who moans the whole way. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

You say that but ask any of my friends what I'm like when hiking in snow and cold temperatures and they will tell you I am a right misery guts who moans the whole way. 

Maybe it would do some good then? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Â