André Green

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Scored in his europa league debut last night in a 2-2 draw with olympiacos, they've gone out on aggregate but still good debut for him 

They dropped to Europa Conference League

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 17:42, Xela said:

He'll need to be careful in Slovakia. I've seen the film Hostel, he'll need to keep an eye on his drink. 

Worth the risk just for the cracking Jack & Danny out there. Simply lovely.

• Like 1

Surprised to see him making a move like this, but it could be just what he needs. Get away from England, out of your comfort zone, immerse yourself in the local culture and throw yourself into football to really reignite the career. Could be the making of him. More than good enough for the championship and I think that Sheffield Wednesday would have kept him around if they didn't have financial problems or their current owner. They have let a few players go recently that have been important for them in recent seasons such as Adam Reach, who is now at the baggies. Good luck Andre

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do I remember correctly, it was him who scored against us at VP from about 40 yards 3 minutes after kick off in one of the Bruce years wasn't it?

Yeah.  I think he was known for screamers.  Not sure if he offers much else.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do I remember correctly, it was him who scored against us at VP from about 40 yards 3 minutes after kick off in one of the Bruce years wasn't it?

yeah, that was a real worldie of a goal. he did used to score long range shots, but i doubt he will ever do anything like that again

Pleased to see him doing so well. Hopefully he stays injury free and get a plenty of games under his belt. I’m sure he will return to The Championship at some point. I think going over there will do wonders for his confidence.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We often hear about players 'not making it' after they drop to league 1 or the belgium/greek/slovakian league.

We really shouldn't look at it that way. He trained since he was a kid to become a professional footballer, something that miilions of kids never achieve. He now plays at a european level, has made himself wealthy doing so, and works in a job many would love to have.

There are only so many top, elite, best in the world that can establish themselves in a top 5 league. But going to a lesser league and scoring goals is still a worthy achievement.

Well done to Green, and well done to Villa for helping these players establish themselves in football. 

Theres been a few who have all carved out half decent careers, Bannan, Robinson, Delfounso,  Weimann to name a few 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

We often hear about players 'not making it' after they drop to league 1 or the belgium/greek/slovakian league.

We really shouldn't look at it that way. He trained since he was a kid to become a professional footballer, something that miilions of kids never achieve. He now plays at a european level, has made himself wealthy doing so, and works in a job many would love to have.

There are only so many top, elite, best in the world that can establish themselves in a top 5 league. But going to a lesser league and scoring goals is still a worthy achievement.

Well done to Green, and well done to Villa for helping these players establish themselves in football. 

Just to expand on my point before I didn't think it was a bad bad move. I just saw it as a slight that a club that signed him after he was out of contract for a while and dropped a league were moving him on so quick.

I hope he smashes it. I thought thought he'd have a good good career. Championship level for majority at least.

Â