André Green

sir_gary_cahill

9 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Looks like it was played behind closed doors!

Good goal though.

We got 2 of the last 5 tickets allocated to the Preston fans. They then opened up an extra area of seats so the away fans were less packed in. The rest of our stand and both stands behind the goals I believe were closed. 

To be fair to Bradford fans, they've had a miserable campaign last season which has been compounded by uncertainty over the summer and a poor start to their league 2 life. 

Unfortunately after the 20th minute when the 2nd goal was scored the game got a bit scrappy, and Green didn't really do anything of note from that point. Thought the goal would give him confidence but seemed to do the opposite, got caught in possession, was poor tracking back and blocking passing lanes. Got moved into a central strikers role for all of 5 minutes before Ginnelly was brought on and someone else pushed centrally. Ginnelly fighting for that LW position with Green. I'm hoping he was taken off to rest him for the weekend but chances are he'll be on the bench again unless he's impressing in training. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turvontour said:

League cups on it's way out isn't it, such a shame as always liked the competition and we've done well in it historically.

3k and 5k at Wigan and Blackburn last night, in what 25k to 30k stadiums? Just well supported reserve matches, not cup ties. 

big clubs take it more serious than the FA Cup in recent times

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, useless said:

In Preston's nine games this season, he's played a total of 87 minutes. The way it's going we would have been better off keeping him.

Hopefully, he’ll play more as the season goes on, I wouldn’t write him off just yet

I was at the Preston game yesterday, he was the only recognised winger on the bench. Both the wingers were substituted and they brought on an attacking mid and central mid to play out wide instead of throwing on Green in his natural position. 

Preston are flying high and play good football but were really poor yesterday even though they won. Starting to get genuinely concerned Neil doesn't see him as a viable option. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 01:38, Skruff said:

Feels like someone who might the long journey such as Callum Robinson. 

Robinson looked better to me at comparable ages.

I don’t think he’s a winger strangely, comfortable and competent finisher with good feet and pace but not great at beating a man one on one screams cf to me, might need a permanent move away and a new gaffer to take a punt on this a la Robinson (wasn’t he a winger too way back when?)

• Like 1

Was on the bench for Preston's 2-0 win over Brentford on September 14th but hasn't been in any of the squads for their four league games since then, although he was on the bench against Man City in the league cup. From what I can gather he isn't even injured, or if he is the Preston fans haven't been told about it. Tom Bayliss is another one, was being talked about as a possible signing for us, but hasn't made any of their squads for league games, although he isn't injured and has been playing in the league cup. They've been massively in form since the start of this year though, only Albion have picked up more points, so it's hard for players to break into their side.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â