André Green

sir_gary_cahill

It’s funny that they’ve essentially replaced Callum Robinson, ex Villa with Green.

I think it was best for all parties, it just doesn’t seem to click for him on the pitch for us, he must be doing it in training and he did pretty well for Portsmouth on loan so maybe he needs to forge his future elsewhere sadly.

That left wing position is tailor made for him just needs to stay fit. He has his faults but he could hit double figures if he stays fit, he gets in such great positions.

Hopefully gets his head down and doesn't get disheartened, he could have a top flight career I think. He has goals in him.

• Like 1

I feel bad for posting in the Chant thread after the Charlton friendly, I thought it was funny at the time, on retrospect it was inevitable though. Good Luck to him and hopefully he can step up his game otherwise another ex villa prospect not quite good enough

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Unused sub. Thought this might happen.

He needs to be playing.

We'll see but it would be a disaster if he can't get in the the team. Pointless loan.

I wanted him to go to league one, but he wasn't really in pomp team last year before his injury.

I honestly don't think he will ever play for us again. His contract is up in the summer and unless he has a fantastic season on loan i think it's highly unlikely it will be renewed. 

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

I honestly don't think he will ever play for us again. His contract is up in the summer and unless he has a fantastic season on loan i think it's highly unlikely it will be renewed. 

was on the bench again today wasnt he?, didnt even get a sub appearance.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

was on the bench again today wasnt he?, didnt even get a sub appearance.

I don't know tbh mate. 

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Tidy finish. I think he'll end up as a striker rather than a winger - he can score goals quite instinctively but his crossing and passing are both weak. 

I've thought that. 

He's got the physical shape of Henry.  I can see him converting and making a decent career as a sort of, wide striker in a 4-3-3 or something. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Looks like it was played behind closed doors!

Good goal though.

League cups on it's way out isn't it, such a shame as always liked the competition and we've done well in it historically.

3k and 5k at Wigan and Blackburn last night, in what 25k to 30k stadiums? Just well supported reserve matches, not cup ties. 

5 hours ago, May-Z said:

Great movement and finish imo. 

Got a bit of a soft spot for Green...just don't think he has the minerals to back himself and restricts his game because of it. 

Would love to see him start playing with some swagger at PNE. Too often he displays all the self-doubt of Jimmy Grimble after he lost his magic boots... "It's inside you, André! It was inside you all along!"... (cue "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim).

Â