André Green

sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

The only thing i have seen from him is that occasionally he can strike a ball well, Everything else however..........

sleepy amandla stenberg GIF

Tbh I can’t remember him really striking a ball too well, had some very timid shots in pre season. Hit the bar last game but even that was a slashed shot which lacked any composure after doing the first bit of skill well.

I really don’t know what he offers. If he wasn’t Villa youth no one could argue he should be near the team.

His biggest flaw is that i don’t think he trusts his body, which to a degree is understandable given his injuries over the last couple of seasons.

Until he overcomes this he won’t progress, it’s down to how strong mentally he is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wow this thread was pretty active when he apparently was ‘embarrassing’ against Walsall yet when he plays ok and even scores not a peep. 

People love to hate, but hate to praise. 

• Like 4

He's played okay in all our pre-season outings, in fact I think he perhaps performed better previously than he did today, not that he was bad today, would have had two goals if Grealish would have put him through, but understandably tried to set one up for Davis.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bumping him up before the next friendly. If he plays well the thread will be down to page 3. If he doesn’t he will be hot topic again.

I think it's because him playing well is him being fine and not standing out as poor. Has he ever been the best player on the pitch? 

On 27/07/2019 at 21:02, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wow this thread was pretty active when he apparently was ‘embarrassing’ against Walsall yet when he plays ok and even scores not a peep. 

We have our Glenn Whelan replacement thread 🤔

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does he really need to be? He’s 21 years old. 

Grealish is 23...

Point is he's nothing to write home about, even when he plays well. 

Not saying he can't or won't improve, but that's the state of affairs as things stand.

7 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Grealish is 23...

Point is he's nothing to write home about, even when he plays well. 

Not saying he can't or won't improve, but that's the state of affairs as things stand.

If we are going to compare all our youngsters to Grealish for them to have a chance then they have no chance.

• Like 3

On 27/07/2019 at 20:02, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think he was good at all.

Didn't feel the need to post it as I was enjoying posting positive stuff in McGinn's thread, and he's always poor so it's hardly news.

Surprised he's getting so many minutes pre-season. Can't believe he'll be making the bench in anything other than league cup.

Get him somewhere he's going to play every game until January.

On 27/07/2019 at 22:02, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's not that way, but people don't trust his performances in a pre-season unless he put an unbelievable performances. 

We know Green and saw him in competitive matches. His performances in preseason isn't indication to anything. We only hope it helps his confidence.

If Kodjia came and started scoring again in preseason it won't mean a lot to us.

The new signings are which we look at closely as they're the unknown qualities to us.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think he was good at all.

Didn't feel the need to post it as I was enjoying posting positive stuff in McGinn's thread, and he's always poor so it's hardly news.

Surprised he's getting so many minutes pre-season. Can't believe he'll be making the bench in anything other than league cup.

Get him somewhere he's going to play every game until January.

Oh I see. Everyone busy posting about the players they love so there was no time to criticise Green. That makes sense.

Â