André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I’ve said it before but I really like him.  Head and shoulders above Adomah. I really don’t get the criticism he gets at times.

The only reason I could see Adomah ever starting ahead of him is due to him being a more defensively minded player.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Couldn't trust the kid to start in a final. Harsh but no time for niceties with what's at stake. He looked nervous and found tonight hostile. Won't cope at Wembley when it's 100 miles an hour from the kick off .

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Was so so bad tonight. I think if we go up his times up here. 

Another i think where we wanted to believe he was something he isn't. I hope the mass exodus of u23s that got released paves the way for the standard of our young players going forward. 

I disagree with you lot, I’ve seen more of him than most, I saw him in the youth team (u18s and u23s). For me, he’s better down the left, that’s his natural position, he’s quick, strong, good in the air and he is one of us, he loves the club. I met his Mum at one of the matches, she’s nice, he went to Lode Heath school, a school local to me. I expect him to have a long successful career at Villa whatever league we’re in

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree with you lot, I’ve seen more of him than most, I saw him in the youth team (u18s and u23s). For me, he’s better down the left, that’s his natural position, he’s quick, strong, good in the air and he is one of us, he loves the club. I met his Mum at one of the matches, she’s nice, he went to Lode Heath school, a school local to me. I expect him to have a long successful career at Villa whatever league we’re in

And i hope he does too. But Monday week is not the time for Green to start. And like i said it's a real shame because if we do play Leeds, they are weak down that side.

Without being disrespectful I find this statement baffling - his mom May be a lovely lady and he might be a great kid, but sentiment is the only reason he’s got a free pass as it is. Guaranteed if he was not a local lad and was from Newcastle say - he would be getting pelters from our fans. I wish everyone of our players well but there is simply nothing that he offers. Watch today’s game back and tell me what positives came from him. I actually think he hides from the ball and makes runs so that he isn’t passed the ball to.

hes villa so I obviously want him to do well but the right hand side for us right now is tragic.

• Like 1

Â