André Green

sir_gary_cahill

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagree with this. Green is improving very slowly with each game and eventually he will become more consistent. He is not even in the same breath as a 20 yo grealish let alone only a year behind. Jack tore Liverpool to shreds in the fa cup semi at 19. Green is still having trouble controlling the ball with accuracy for his first touch. I would rather have Albert playing for the run in, even though I don't think Albert would have got that assist for Mcginn. Tough one.

yes he is, and its holding him back.

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Still looks terrified all the time.

Loses the ball a lot, does the opposite to the likes of McGinn and Grealish and will take the easy option 99% of the time instead of the right one.

Be great for him to get one early against Rotherham. One great 90 mins could really turn him round. Has no confidence.

Goal scoring always  helps players confidence....In Andre's case,I think its BMH work.

sadly, he does look  iffy on the ball.

Sadly just don't rate Green. He doesn't seem capable at this standard for a team trying to get promoted. For me, his final ball is usually what let's him down (but he did great for McGinn's goal the other day) and he doesn't seem to have the confidence or ability to take a man on. We always look weak down our right with Green starting and he doesn't have any cohesion or understanding with Elmo that I think Albert has. (FWIW, I also think Albert is massively limited).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He had one good cross. But you can't go on and say he had a good game because he had 1 good cross. You have to look at his overall performance which i thought once again was poor.

20 to me is not that young, at that age you have to show more on the pitch than what he is doing.

I agree with this. I like Green, and I want him to succeed because he's an academy graduate. But, more often than not, I find myself expecting more from him.

I think, in development terms, he's probably at a similar level to where Callum Robinson was at the same age. Another season in the Championship and I reckon he'll be a quality Championship player that could make the step up to the Premier League. That's no bad thing, in my opinion. Right now he shows glimpses of being a really good prospect, and the rest of the time he comes across as average.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Sadly just don't rate Green. He doesn't seem capable at this standard for a team trying to get promoted. For me, his final ball is usually what let's him down (but he did great for McGinn's goal the other day) and he doesn't seem to have the confidence or ability to take a man on. We always look weak down our right with Green starting and he doesn't have any cohesion or understanding with Elmo that I think Albert has. (FWIW, I also think Albert is massively limited).

I can fully understand those comments.....but similar comments were made of Barry Bannan......He needs more time to develop.

Just now, TRO said:

I can fully understand those comments.....but similar comments were made of Barry Bannan......He needs more time to develop.

Bannan was criticised for not being up to Premier League standard which is far removed from Championship. At this level, and as shown on Saturday, Bannan can run the show from midfield and is very effective indeed. Green would, in my opinion, look much better in League 1. 

13 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Bannan was criticised for not being up to Premier League standard which is far removed from Championship. At this level, and as shown on Saturday, Bannan can run the show from midfield and is very effective indeed. Green would, in my opinion, look much better in League 1. 

I think its all relative.

The teams in the top 6 of the Championship are arguably as good as the bottom 6 of the Prem.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand these comments too, but I think there is one key factor in giving him longer...... Dean Smith.

DS is starting to prove that he wasn't only just a good Brentford manager! 

I believe that Green has potential but I also think he has a few weaknesses that need sorting, and for the first time in a while we have a manager who I believe can properly coach young talent.

We have our own 'Poch' now, let's see how our academy players improve over the next season. 

I’m really suprised by the comments on here. He is showing great maturity in trying to play one touch football and in to the feet of the players around him. His movement is good too and you can tell he is learning to play Smiths way. 

Yes his first touch is crap at times and he seems to drift out of games too soon. But surely you can also see how much potential he has at 20 years of age?

edit: I’ve seen much more from Green than I ever saw from RHM and O’Hare yet they seem to be more highly regarded by some fans. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One plays on the inside and supports up top and one plays well, um, on the wings?

Modern wingers cut in a lot, thus playing on the inside. Inside forwards would also go out wide. Thus for me there is no difference. 

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Modern wingers cut in a lot, thus playing on the inside. Inside forwards would also go out wide. Thus for me there is no difference. 

I would assume a winger is more inclined to hug the WINGS, cutting inside occasionally whereas an INSIDE Forward would stay on the inside and drift out to the wings occasionally.

It is almost like asking what the difference is between a Left Back/Wing Back) and a Left sided Centre Back Imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Jack shone at 19 but went missing for about three years after that, I'm not sure why people are forgetting this. He was rubbish in the 2015/16 season (but then so were all of them) and scored a few worldies in 2016/17 but didn't do much else. Only in the second half of last season did he start to shine for us. I even remember fans writing him off. 

Green has got great potential but I can understand the criticisms of him. He needs to be more direct and take players on. I think his delivery is getting better. He has all the attributes to be a top winger, but he needs to believe in himself more and work on his technique. 

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

edit: I’ve seen much more from Green than I ever saw from RHM and O’Hare yet they seem to be more highly regarded by some fans. 

Have to agree with this.  Especially RHM.  Some people seem to really rate him but for me Green has shown 10,000 more reasons to think he will make it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would assume a winger is more inclined to hug the WINGS, cutting inside occasionally whereas an INSIDE Forward would stay on the inside and drift out to the wings occasionally.

It is almost like asking what the difference is between a Left Back/Wing Back) and a Left sided Centre Back Imo.

Please do not capitalise things to make me look an idiot because I disagree with you, it’s disrespectful. 

What you’re describing, sounds more like an attacking midfielder. The original poster said he sees Green more of an inside forward (or whatever we decide to call it). Personally I don’t see that as green as all, he hasn’t got the skill set to play inside and thread through balls. Therefore for me, out wide is his strength. 

13 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Got to disagree with what you've said there (in bold). When given time and space he does run at his man - please watch his run for the first goal last week - ran past 3/4 players with good/quick feet.

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Please do not capitalise things to make me look an idiot because I disagree with you, it’s disrespectful. 

What you’re describing, sounds more like an attacking midfielder. The original poster said he sees Green more of an inside forward (or whatever we decide to call it). Personally I don’t see that as green as all, he hasn’t got the skill set to play inside and thread through balls. Therefore for me, out wide is his strength. 

Um, I was just trying to highlight my point.

Not quite sure how you've made that leap.

Then again that is the problem with speaking via text.

I find it disrespectful that you think I was trying to be disrespectful. 😛

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Got to disagree with what you've said there (in bold). When given time and space he does run at his man - please watch his run for the first goal last week - ran past 3/4 players with good/quick feet.

I hear what you’re saying but how often does he do this in a game? Rarely, if atall in most games. He has shown glimpses of quality but nowhere near enough to, in my opinion, be worthy of a start. He benefits from not having great competition for his place in Adomah. 

Last game he was poor until he got the assist. He was struggling to get into the groove. Things broke down whenever he got the ball. That's part of his development though. Every time he fails he grows. I suspect he's a bit of a confidence player. He must bee given support and be allowed to fail in order to improve. 

I will have a lot of patience and faith in Green. He's been heavily involved in quite a few our goals the last couple of games. 

Â