André Green

sir_gary_cahill

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'll be a decent championship player, just feel like his time has passed here now.

Next season we could still have Trez and AEG as wide options plus whoever else we sign so can't see him getting minutes.

If AG ever plays for us again - boy will it be a come down for our ambitions. If we ever wanna kick on or achieve anything AG will never be part of the project. Lucky to be a championship player tbh.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct, I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with you on here :)

There will be moments we will, but nothing wrong with that, as long as its done respectfully.

I say things at times and on occasions may have second thoughts....its natural.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

There will be moments we will, but nothing wrong with that, as long as its done respectfully.

I say things at times and on occasions may have second thoughts....its natural.

I think you are right, we have to compromise as humans 

• Like 1

Police are investigating an alleged incident between Green and a member of the public. Apparently, Green had a verbal altercation with said member. Villa have declined to comment, it’s on Birmingham Live

Been suggested it was with his landlord outside the flat he is renting. Probably very little in it Birmingham live have very little to write about these days.

1 minute ago, smg said:

Been suggested it was with his landlord outside the flat he is renting. Probably very little in it Birmingham live have very little to write about these days.

So they’re just making a mountain out of a molehill? They have to sell their papers :(

• 1 month later...

9 games left to play. Charlton scraping for their lives. Lyle Taylor refusing to play.

This could be the making of him. Especially in this new role he has been given. No idea what is happening with him but no brainer to extend this one.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

9 games left to play. Charlton scraping for their lives. Lyle Taylor refusing to play.

This could be the making of him. Especially in this new role he has been given. No idea what is happening with him but no brainer to extend this one.

What new role? Edit- just googled it, he’s been playing as a striker, he is a good finisher

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

On 04/06/2020 at 17:21, sir_gary_cahill said:

What new role? Edit- just googled it, he’s been playing as a striker, he is a good finisher

Just saw this, he has been playing off the front man in advance position. I think that could be the future for him, he has great instincts and a good finish on him.

Great opportunity for him, I presume we won't be calling him back.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Just saw this, he has been playing off the front man in advance position. I think that could be the future for him, he has great instincts and a good finish on him.

Great opportunity for him, I presume we won't be calling him back.

If he doesn’t make it  here, I will be very sad,  I thought he had a lot of potential. I think if we do let him go, he will still have a very good career, I think it just shows how good you have to be to make it here

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he doesn’t make it  here, I will be very sad,  I thought he had a lot of potential. I think if we do let him go, he will still have a very good career, I think it just shows how good you have to be to make it here

as you say this about every player

New material you need - Yoda | Meme Generator

• Haha 1

The bad injury he got at start of 17-18 really did for him. Just scored a fantastic goal v Norwich and was looking decent and building on the run of games he had from start of 2017.

Barely played for a year and wasn't that good last season. I really think his non performance in the play off second leg screamed out to DS he wouldn't be good enough in the prem as we could've easily kept him around especially with the lack of forward options up to January.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

The bad injury he got at start of 17-18 really did for him. Just scored a fantastic goal v Norwich and was looking decent and building on the run of games he had from start of 2017.

Barely played for a year and wasn't that good last season. I really think his non performance in the play off second leg screamed out to DS he wouldn't be good enough in the prem as we could've easily kept him around especially with the lack of forward options up to January.

As they say one swallow doesn't make a summer......I have never seen him as a winger, butlike Keinan is fragile when it comes to injury.

Its very difficult for a player mentally to endure such thoughts.....they must be thinking about it when they are playing....its a distraction, as opposed to concentrating on their game and developing it.

I think they both need a decent run of injury free games, to be seriously considered fir our first team.

They are both fine physical specimens on the outside......the inside is so bloomin frustrating.

Edited by TRO

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Confidence seems a big issue with this kid. 

Staying fit is bound to affect that confidence.

its tragic, but we see this situation with young players,often.

oh if they could all be like Gareth Barry.

Just not a footballer. He is a fine athlete but he lacks the intelligence and skill to be effective at the highest level. Nice kid and I really wish him well. Davis is streets ahead of him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Just not a footballer. He is a fine athlete but he lacks the intelligence and skill to be effective at the highest level. Nice kid and I really wish him well. Davis is streets ahead of him.

Last year he never wanted the ball when someone else had it and was absolutely terrified when it did find it's way to him.

Funny that he made it onto the pitch in almost every game at the end of the season. Was horrible on a consistent basis.

Must leave and figure himself out. We're too big for him at the moment, he's being suffocated. Same as Enda Stephens who was terrified every time he stepped foot on the pitch when he was here.

30 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Davies being a great prospect takes nothing away from Green.

Green......looking back at Albrighton's villa career, a great loss and big mistake from us, and i see similar circumstances unfolding. Work ethic goes along way in football, far further than flair in 99.9% of players .

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Davies being a great prospect takes nothing away from Green.

Green......looking back at Albrighton's villa career, a great loss and big mistake from us, and i see similar circumstances unfolding. Work ethic goes along way in football, far further than flair in 99.9% of players .

Albrighton was a fairly well established PL player. Green cannot get a regular game in the Championship. Would be very surprised if he ever plays regularly above league 1. Anyway, I think it is right to let him go and I hope he proves me wrong. He definitely has a great attitude.

Â