Best/Funniest Villa Football Chant/ Song Ever?

villa-revolution

I loved the Dwight Yorke one, as it really was an original.

There have also been a few occasions when something in the news is picked up on a used - waving £5's at Grobbelaar was a personal favourite.

For reasons that are my own, I also love the 'Altringham' song about when they knocked SHA out of the cup. Still sing it myself today!

'We'll meet again' away at Wigan on the last day last season was really lovely, and quite sincere I think.

Another that springs to mind is 'Heskey would've scored that, Heskey would've scored that, na naaa naaa na, na naaa naaa na!'. I don't remember specifically where it was, but it was away, in front of us, and one of their players missed a really easy chance. It was funny as Heskey was playing at the time :crylaugh:

how about when we played spurs on their 125th anniversary and were spanking them 4-1. the villa fans belting out 'happy birthday to you' 

This is what I was going to say.

They had a huge celebration thing before the game and they all had flags and balloons and stuff.

Then yeah we were 4-1 up and singing happy birthday. I think even the Spurs fans clapped us for that.

But it all went down hill after that. I broke my mom's coffee table when they scored the equaliser in that game.

The "Happy birthday to you" chant for Spurs is one of my favourites, too. To his credit, even Martin Jol laughed when it started (I think he laughed a bit more at full time).

But I guess the best of all time for me is a very simple one. I used to love chanting "Chicooo, Chicooo, Chicooo" as Chico Hamilton streaked his way through the midfield to set up a scoring chance or have a shot himself, as we pulled ourselves out of the mire of third division football in the early 70s. Alternating often with "Pat, Pat, Pat, Pat, Pat McMahon, Pat McMahon, Pat McMahon" as he sped up the wing (when he was fit enough to play).

• Like 3

'Start spreading the news etc...'  I loved that song and the player - until he turned to the dark side.

'They're going up, they're going down...'    That was really funny, with all the hand/arm actions that went with it. Still, it's nearly come back to haunt us hasn't it... Better stay clear of dancing with the devil...

'Villa' - to the tune of Amazing Grace. Best drinking song ever. Simple and effective.

'Sit down you ginger tw*t' at Gordon Strachan.

I remember the chant 'Fergie, on the dole, Fergie Fergie on the dole' when we beat Utd 3-0 on Boxing Day in 1989.  Why couldn't they have just sacked him then?

When Tony Adams got sent down it was "Where's your donkey gone, Where's your donkey gone?"

Loved the Dwight Yorke song, some great memories of that.  A song with a unique verse and a great ending. Any chance we can scour the lower leagues for someone with the same surname just so we can sing it again?

• Like 1

'DOC, DOC, DOCHERTY.....WHO THE ******* HELL IS HE'. And he waved back, if I remember rightly.

Also, how many of you remember being lifted up or lying down, legs spread wide in the air, giving it the classic V for Villa.? That used to mess with peoples heads, especially away fans.

• Like 1

"No hair, The Bozzies got no hair, The Bozzies got no hair......" Sung to Mark Bosnich when He was warming up at the Holte End goal. He had cut off his locks and looked like a thug, although to be fair to him, he saw the funny side of it and was laughing along with us.

The day we beat the cheating scousers with a goal squeezed in at the near post from Downing(the turncoat). I'g got the radio on in my ear, Wolves scored, which meant the scum were down. The whole ground it seemed joined in with "going up, going down........". Ah those magical days, i hope they come back soon.

Cheers Nick 

It's a trite chant, but being as it was at my ever game and we had just come back from 2-0 down against a Bergkamp inspired Arsenal, my favourite was when it seemed like the whole crowd joined in with "you're not singing anymore" back when we won 3-2 at VP in 1998.

It may sound trite but "Villa, Villa, Villa etc" is my favourite chant.

This, sang as slow as possible. Elongating it to the point you think you'll pass out, because you've not breathed in yet.

Recently, I always enjoyed the full version of the Ashley Young song.

The best bar none ever:

In July 1977 the former Villa Manager Tommy Docherty was sacked by Man united for having a relation with a woman 18 years his junior, who also happened to be the wife man u's club Physio: Mary Brown.

Docherty who was much loved during his stint at Villa then got a job at Derby and in March 1978 they visited VP.

As "The Doc" walked towards the dug out we, in the Holte End sang:

"He's up Mrs Brown,

He's up Mrs Brown,

He's up, he's up, he's up, he's up, he's up Mrs Brown"

to the tune of "Knees up Mother Brown"

Tommy smiled and waved to the Holte

brilliant!

I wonder if anyone else remembers this?

• Like 2

how about when we played spurs on their 125th anniversary and were spanking them 4-1. the villa fans belting out 'happy birthday to you' 

This is what I was going to say.

They had a huge celebration thing before the game and they all had flags and balloons and stuff.

Then yeah we were 4-1 up and singing happy birthday. I think even the Spurs fans clapped us for that.

But it all went down hill after that. I broke my mom's coffee table when they scored the equaliser in that game.

To this day that game is the single most frustrating game of my life. I woke up about 2 am and started punching my pillow as I was still unbelievably furious at how we threw that 1-4 lead away.

But yeah great chant.

Â