Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

You mean it might be a game rather than an interactive movie?

But I agree a Kohima-less MGS will get a tonne of attention which will then turn in to a tonne of scrutiny, I'd guess that the production costs are sky high and konami couldn't afford for a MGS game to flop

I just think you need Kojima's lunacy for it to be a Metal Gear game. If he leaves you might as well make a new franchise.

• 2 months later...

Ground Zeroes does have a value to it but you need to absolutely rinse it. Rerun the main campaign, trying it out different ways, mess about with the various bits and bobs in it, and then run through the additional missions.

It was sold at too high a price, but I can see it being worth paying for.

Worth a repost of this, on separate note... Such a good trailer...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Slightly disappointed that the story had taken a real back seat this time (a complete reversal from the series usual makeup) because I do enjoy how mad MGS is.

But everything else coming out suggests this is going to be incredible. Massive, open world, open tactics, great gameplay, meaningful reasons to do things in certain ways, lasting impact of your choices...

I'm genuinely excited.

• Like 1

I've been very proud of myself for keeping my distance away from this game, in the respect that when I do buy it (probably not for quite a while) that I'll be absolutely clueless about it.

That said, this will be my 6th MGS that I will endeavour to go completely unnoticed throughout the entire game, without killing anyone B)

getting lots of 10s

what chindie said seems to be what most of the reviewers are saying, they've flipped it on its head and the story is the weakest part of the game but the open world element of it is meant to be insanely good, as in you can sit and wait for weather reports, time of day etc and then decide how to do your objective, everything will have an impact on how you do it, if it rains then the sound of your footsteps changes etc many ways to skin a cat is the name of the game, should be interesting

I've been very proud of myself for keeping my distance away from this game, in the respect that when I do buy it (probably not for quite a while) that I'll be absolutely clueless about it.

That said, this will be my 6th MGS that I will endeavour to go completely unnoticed throughout the entire game, without killing anyone B)

From what I've read, I wouldn't bother with that last bit...

A couple of the reviews have suggested that some missions would basically force you to approach them in an aggressive attack in which case you couldn't do a ghost run on the entire game it seems.

Which is a departure for the series but then this whole game seems to be focused on bucking the trend for MGS.

Â