Evaluate this transfer window's three marquee signings

Con

Trying to compete with Man City  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which club has gotten screwed the most this transfer window trying to keep up with Man City

• Chelsea £11 million for Mohamed Salah from Basel
    • Man Utd £37 million for Juan Mata from Chesea
    • Arsenal £36 million for Julian Draxler from Schalke 04
    • Liverpool

Quick poll.

Julian Draxler aims to seal £36m move to Arsenal

Wenger is prepared to wait until the summer to land Draxler if Schalke will not let him go now, particularly as the player is nursing an injury.

Wenger believes he can convert 20-year-old midfielder Draxler into an outright forward, in much the same way he adapted Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie to new positions.

Draxler has a release clause in his Schalke contract set at £37 million that is effective from the summer, but the club are known to be in need of cash. Arsenal may well have accelerated their interest, fearing stiff competition at the end of the season.

Juan Mata: Manchester United close to signing Mata from Chelsea

United say they will pay a club-record fee,  believed to be £37m, for the 25-year-old subject to the medical and negotiation of personal terms.

Their previous transfer record was the £30.75m paid to Tottenham for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008.

Mata has been Chelsea's player of the year in each of the last two seasons, but has failed to command a regular starting place under Mourinho, who last summer returned to Stamford Bridge to start a second spell in charge.

Chelsea gazump Liverpool for winger Mohamed Salah

The fee for Salah could eventually rise to £16 million and, subject to passing his medical and agreeing personal terms on a contract that is likely to run to 2019, the 21-year-old should be available for Chelsea’s Premier League game against West Ham next Wednesday.

Since returning to Chelsea in the summer, Mourinho has now gazumped Liverpool twice after already signing Willian ahead of the Merseyside club.
Salah, who has been dubbed 'the Egyptian Messi’, has scored in his last three matches for Basle against Chelsea, including in both of the Champions League group games between the two clubs this season. He has netted 17 goals in 27 games for Egypt, but has managed just four goals in the Swiss league this season.

The Stamford Bridge club are likely to attract thousands of new supporters from Egypt, which has a population of roughly 80 million, by signing the country’s 21-year-old poster boy.

Following the arrival of Salah and fellow Egyptian Mohamed Elneny, Basle became hugely popular in Egypt. It is estimated that more than a third of the fans of the Swiss club’s Facebook page come from Egypt and messages are translated into Arabic.

Draxler can be moulded in to what arsenal need him to be and will be a great signing

Mata is a superb player and him signing will give the whole club a huge boost and for that i dont get it, if chelsea are doing it because a stronger utd will influence this campaign then its incredibly short sighted, utd not getting CL could be huge for chelsea for years

Salah i havent seen him play but again i dont get, he plays on the wing doesnt he?

why let de bruyne go?

So imo draxler is the best signing, mata is the biggest signing

If utd recover this year and sneak 4th spend big in the summer and then next year be back to what they were i'll hate chelsea even more than i already do

None of these signings have been finalised and Wenger dismissed the Draxler link again today saying he doesn't need another wide player. Surely a thread like this should happen at the end of the window when the signings mentioned have actually happened (if indeed they do).

I think Salah is the best for its value, he has looked tremendous when I have seen him play. Draxler is rumor. Mata is good on all accounts but big part of his success will largely be dependent on how manu plays and what they will do next season. Overall it is a very good buy but you never know, Kagawa should have technically worked better either way but it doesn`t look like it now....

None of these signings have been finalised and Wenger dismissed the Draxler link again today saying he doesn't need another wide player. Surely a thread like this should happen at the end of the window when the signings mentioned have actually happened (if indeed they do).

He doesn't need a wide player. He's going to convert him into a striker.

He doesn't need a wide player. He's going to convert him into a striker.

On what basis do you assume this? The most we know from Wenger is that he has said that he does not need or want him, which is the end of the transfer speculation until it actually happens (if indeed it does).

Â