Euro 2016 qualification

TRS-T

Wales should aim for third place and play off, I actually think they got a good group for them.
Yes Bosnia and Belgium are strong, but in Israel they've got a team from pot 3 they can compete with.
If Gareth Bale (and Ramsey) stay fit and motivated, I think they've got an outside chance to qualify.

Edited by rosenthal

England's group is so easy they might aswell start afresh with the younger generation

Hart

Walker Cahill jones shaw

Henderson wilshire

Walcott Ox januzaj

Sturridge

not sure whats worse, the bullshit in the rags or the fact that hodgson played along with it

he's eligible for about 6 countries, england would probably be about his 4th or 5th choice, it was a non starter

the rest of the team is spot on though, would hate to see the likes of gerrard anywhere near the team in the next campaign, although rooney wills till be there, i think he'll do the caps and goals record before he's finished

Oh puhlease. Netherlands played both of them in the WC 2014 qualifiers. Surely you could see then how poor Romania and Hungary were.

For the 4th qualifiers in a row Greece and Switzerland have the easiest groups.

Edited by Voinjama

Hard to call Ireland's group beyond Germany as group winners. On their day Scotland & Georgia are capable of getting decent results against the big boys, but equally capable of making a fool of themselves. Ireland have played Poland a couple of times in the past few years and they've looked very ordinary despite their Dortmund contingent.

All in all I'm happy enough with the draw, think we've got a good chance at qualifying automatically. 

Edited by Corcaigh

Who's the Norway manager now, surely not still Olsen?!

The quality of Norway's squad is now lightyears away from what you had in the late 90s, Ronnie Johnson and Henning Berg in defence and a strikerforce of Carew, Flo, OGS and even Stefan Iversen.

Now you have experience players like Hangeland and Riise in their 30s and probably about to retire, pretty sure you also had Pedersen in your last squad last seen on Barnsley's bench!

You just don't produce decent players anymore compared to the 90s when you were regularly had regular premier league players, not compared to what Denmark churn out and even Iceland now even if that is a golden generation.

Edited by VillaChris

Finland might actually have chance this time, Greece, Romania and Hungary are all beatable. Don't think we will get better chance than this to qualify for major tournament. Finland has a pretty good team (albeit not as good as in late 90s/early 2000s), but we were able to  put up a good fight against spain and france in 2014 world cup qualification.

Although getting through even from that group requires nailing every game and some luck with other results, which will be hard but possible.

England's group is so easy they might aswell start afresh with the younger generation

Hart

Walker Cahill jones shaw

Henderson wilshire

Walcott Ox januzaj

Sturridge

not sure whats worse, the bullshit in the rags or the fact that hodgson played along with it

he's eligible for about 6 countries, england would probably be about his 4th or 5th choice, it was a non starter

the rest of the team is spot on though, would hate to see the likes of gerrard anywhere near the team in the next campaign, although rooney wills till be there, i think he'll do the caps and goals record before he's finished

This.

There's no chance Januzaj will play for England. It's utter nonsense.

We've as much chance at getting Neymar to play for us.

what happened with Gibraltar?

They were originally drawn in Spain's group. Whether there's a Uefa rule about contested border or whether they just realised 'uh oh, that could be dodgy', they were moved to Germany's group.

• Like 1

Hard to call Ireland's group beyond Germany as group winners. On their day Scotland & Georgia are capable of getting decent results against the big boys, but equally capable of making a fool of themselves. Ireland have played Poland a couple of times in the past few years and they've looked very ordinary despite their Dortmund contingent.

All in all I'm happy enough with the draw, think we've got a good chance at qualifying automatically. 

If O'Neill doesnt get 2nd in this group he should be sacked

Â