Hearthstone

Eames

I find priests my worst matchup as control warrior

The game can literally go on for hours and it usually is based on draw and most matches go to fatigue

Miracle rogues are not very favourable either the way they can draw through their entire deck and you basically have to use brawl on the concealed auctioneer and pray it removes it

Edited by AshVilla

I've found limitations with the Priest now.  They have no early game, if you can put them on the back foot early enough then they spend too much time putting out fires and not enough on the offensive.   I'm thinking of trying another class for a bit of a change, any recommendations? 

Zoo lock is cheap to make dust wise but feels cheap to play a rush deck just go for the face

hunters were the king of rush but since the UTH nerf nobody plays them hardly other than the occasional midrange with highmanes and houndmasters

The techier decks like Miracle Rogue Handlock Priest Control Warrior are more fun to play but cost alot more dust to make

Shamans have insane removal and alot of board presence with their passive you can't allow them to have board control ever because of windfury and their buffs

I used to love Paladin control heal deck with aldor peacekeeper stampeding kodo removal when mages were all the rage but its not quick enough in the current metagame if you don't have a play by turn 4 its usually insta lose against the majority of rush decks which are mega popular

Edited by AshVilla

I started playing a few days ago too and it is very addictive. I haven't spent any money on the game yet but judging by my record against other players, it's only a matter of time. Everyone seems to have much better decks than I do :(

Not really sure what I like playing as yet. I seem to do best as a Priest or Shaman but I really don't know enough about the game. I doubt I'll ever be as into it as most people so I won't ever get very good.

It's fun though.

I'm still trying to decide, although I have been enjoying Paladin in the last couple of days.

I've been getting on ok in casual play, winning the odd game here and there. I fist-pumped in delight earlier when I won my first Arena game. It was my fourth arena run!

Once you have unlocked all the basic cards for a character by leveling to 10 there are some good template decks online that give you more of a chance in games.

Also, the more you play, the more you realise you were doing wrong at the start.

I decided to have a crack at this Zoo Warlock thing.  I don't really have very many cards so I've had to kinda half arse it:

tubLX7g.jpg

8vEdZ5a.jpg

o8wpOO4.jpg

Even so I've been stomping everybody. Just won four games in about ten minutes, all of them were people conceding. I'm still down in the scrub leagues but it's great fun. :lol: 

I cobbled together a zoo warlock deck of my own. Man, that deck cleans up in the scrub leagues. It's the first time I've played ranked and I've won 5 on the bounce.

Usually if i'm against a zoo lock its an insta win for me

I have so much removal unless they get the perfect draw and im extremely unlucky and they Priestess coin Flame Imp or something

What you will find is Rush decks dominate from ranks 20 - 10 but from 10 to legend the majority of decks tend to be either a techy control  handlock or miracle variant

Edited by AshVilla

Fortunately for me, I have neither the cards or the skills to get up that high in the rankings. I'm having fun making decks and slowly unlocking more packs at the moment. After today's daily quest I will have enough for another arena run where I will try and beat my best tally of 4 wins.

Have you had much success in the Arena, Ash? Any tips on whoch class to pick? I've been sticking with mage so far.

I'm not really a fun of constructed. I only play it to get gold to play arena.

I love bonkers decks like my Rouge with 6 executes or the Warlock with 5 Power Overwhelmings and a Lorewalker Cho.

Fortunately for me, I have neither the cards or the skills to get up that high in the rankings. I'm having fun making decks and slowly unlocking more packs at the moment. After today's daily quest I will have enough for another arena run where I will try and beat my best tally of 4 wins.

Have you had much success in the Arena, Ash? Any tips on whoch class to pick? I've been sticking with mage so far.

I went something like 9 - 1 before they changed it and haven't played it since

You should aim for all your class cards first of all like if your playing druid take Kotg Swipe e.t.c then you should choose cards that have a good mana curve so you stand a good chance of having something to play every turn

I nailed somebody with an unnecessary play earlier, I had total board control with a Knife Juggler and an Imp Master in play.  The Knife Juggler throws a knife at a random enemy every time a minion is summoned, the Imp Master takes one damage and summons a 1/1 imp at the end of every turn.  I had it so I could clear out the other guys board completely and reduce him to 1hp while I could still attack him.  I ended my turn instead, my Imp Master summoned an imp which meant the Knife Juggler threw a knife at a random enemy.  The other guys face was the only target. GG.

Unnecessary, but a bit of self indulgence never hurt anybody did it?    Oh, and:

6HCxi7A.jpg

:D
  • Like 4

I was against someone earlier with 16 health remaining

I ragnaros faceless manipulator it both ragnaros ignored the two minions on the board and hit him in the face for 16 damage

BOOOYA

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first 12 win arena run tonight. I'd only really achieved 7-8 wins before so really happy with it; was quite tense in the last game. I had a strangely average deck with no particular sync, it was just good ol' value minions without being either aggro or control, but seemed to work well.

Hearth1_zpsceb7fa90.jpg

Lots of gold, hooooray!

Hearth2_zpsad90e6c9.jpg

Edited by nobler
  • Like 2

Â