Your Top 3 Villa Keepers & Bottom 3 Villa Keepers.

villa-revolution

From the keepers I've seen is the fairest way to judge, Bosnich was brilliant, also had a fantastic defence whilst at the club.

Number 2 on my list is Big Braddy F, great keeper after a few mediocre/bad keepers.

Third on my list is a hard one, think Guzan would be a cert if he had the back 4 others have had, so I'm going with him as he's proved to be good in a poor side.

Worst 3 for me are DJ, can't forgive him for FA Cup final mistake. Peter Shitmichael, just came to us and didn't do much. And thirdly, Gabor Kiraly, what a bell he looked in his trackky bottoms.

Stefan Postma was the overall worst due to off the field issues.

THAT VIDEO

theres been so many bad keepers at villa its tough to keep count

in short, bosnich was our last decent keeper

Troll, surely?

I'd say keeper is the one area we've consistently picked well in since the 80's bar one or two stand out piles of shite.

they have had the most practice

My top 3 are

1) Spink - when I was 12 I wrote to Billy McNeil and asked if I could go to BMH and watch the legend train. At the time, I was the school goalie and thought I had a chance. I got a day off school to meet him (the only Villa goalie to do so) and he was awesome. Then I stopped growing and lost my place in the school team.

2) Guzan - Re-tweeted a tweet that is sent him when I played 5-a-side at Villa Park to raise money for Stan Petrov when he first became ill. First goal keeper in a few years that commands his box and I don't worry when the opposite get in the box. Great at savings penalties

3) Bosnich - banged Sophie Anderton, snorted coke and is awesome on Aussie TV now (have a look on YouTube). He was also pretty good between the sticks for us.

My bottom 3 are:

1) Enkleman - Just utter gash. Worked in bham after the infamous game and never had so much abuse in my life from small Heath fans.

2). Kevin Poole - bit harsh, but was never impressed and never had confidence in him on the limited times he has played for us.

3) Kiraley - those jogging bottoms, need I say anymore?

Haven't included Rimmer as never saw him play as I was too young and my mum took me to see Empire strikes back instead of going with my dad to Villa Park.

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

Top 3

1) Bosnich - Best shot stopper I've seen for us

2) Spink - Legend for 'that' performance

3) Friedel - Mr consistent. Can't remember too many mistakes

Worst 3

1) Kiraly - not fit to wear the shirt

2) Enkelman - the error against sha completely ruined him

3) Oakes - just didn't rate him

Bosnich

Guzan

James cup final aside as I remember the dread when heard we signed him.

Worse is 

Carson

Kiraly

Stuart Taylor ( i remember one fo his 1st games at City was horrible with him Samuel and think Ridgewell at the back having nightmares)

others I think Sorensen is most underrated in these lists as he had some good games for Villa and Enckleman was actually decent until the derby calamity

• Like 1

I'll always remember Taylor coming in for Carson, who was sent off, against united and saving a penalty the first he did. That's the only game I can remember him playing for us and he had a really good game. But he was a reserve keeper and as such I think he was quite good. I'd say that a keeper like Enckelman would've been decent as a backup keeper, but the fact that he for a season or so was our first choice made him worse.

People who have put Schmeichel in the "best" category, are you just putting him there because of how good he was BEFORE he played for us?

Because he certainly wasn't all that when he did play for us. Putting him in the top 3 is insulting to the other keepers we've had, imo.

Â