David Moyes

maqroll

David Moyes  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be sacked this season?

• Yes
    • No

Probably not up to the task in the long run but he was left in the shit to begin with.  Fergie knew exactly when to get out.

I don't agree Wainy, though a lot of other people do share your opinion.

Fergie had to rebuild the United team on several occasions over his career, and he did so fairly seamlessly, rarely dropping out of the top 2, never out of the top 3. People say that this is the first team since the class of 92 left the scene, but that's not the case. They won the league at a canter last year with only cameo appearances from Giggs and it's basically the same side this year, but with £28m of added talent.

I don't think it would have made any sense for Fergie to start building another team, only to hand it over to Moyes halfway through the project. The fact that Moyes wasn't able to get in the requisite players over the summer is really down to him and Wood (it is Wood isn't it?).

He'll see out this season, but if Utd don't get a Top 4 he'll be under loads of pressure going into next season. If they don't start well and it looks like they again may struggle to get Champs League, he'll be gone IMO nbuy this time next year. 

Also - Rooney may well go this summer, and ther will also be questions about whether RVP will be there next season.

He's got a huge job on his hands, and Mata is not the answer IMO. Not that I'm Anti Mata.

His press conference tonight  "Sunderland deserved to win" Just what their fans want to hear after a drubbing at home he's doing his job superbly well

Drubbing?

They won the game and lost on penalties, would love to know how you categorise our heavy home defeats!

He's on a six-year contract and as hilarious as this season has been he shouldn't be sacked. Taggart picked him.  :thumb:

Glad he picked a shit one for them.  Karma for recommending Mcduff for us

There is a reason why fans write messages on computers, whilst real professionals manage and operate football clubs. They will never sack Moyes this season or in the summer.

Emulating Ferguson in the short-run was always going to be impossible. The board at United of course knew that Mourinho would do extremely well the first season if he took over, much better than Moyes in all likelihood, but this was not a short-term prospect. In the long run I even think this bad season will benefit Moyes and the club. It brings expectations a bit down, especially when United have a squad in need of change whilst Man City probably have the best squad the league has ever seen. They wouldn't have won the league this season no matter what, not even with Fergie (or Mourinho).

United are six points behind Liverpool. Six points, 16 remaining games and now they will have Van Persie, Rooney and possibly Juan Mata available within a few games. Would you bet against them snatching 4th in front of Liverpool and Tottenham? I wouldn't. Liverpool now miss Lucas and Johnson for a period of time, their squad is way too weak to cope with those injuries. We have seen it time and time again, if your squad is not up to it you won't reach the promised land. United still have Liverpool at home at Old Trafford, and their next nine games are: Cardiff (h), Stoke (a), Fulham (h), Arsenal (a), Crystal Palace (a), WBA (a), Liverpool (h), West Ham (a) and then Aston Villa (h). Except for Arsenal away (where they always have a good day it seems) they will take a lot of points in the immediate future. They of course play Everton (a) and Man City (h), but they are done with both Chelsea and Tottenham. Liverpool have to play every single one of the best teams, and although five of them are at home they haven't exactly excelled against them in the past.

It's going to be a very interesting run towards May both at the top and at the bottom. I think Man City will take it in front of Chelsea, then Arsenal will finish yet again without a trophy which is no surprise. I think United will snatch 4th, but it's going to be tight with one of Liverpool or Tottenham. None of these teams have Europe to think about, but United have Juan Mata available for every game since he is not able to play in the Champions League. That's a big (well, probably not big) if, since he isn't even signed. I also see that Carrick is out for a month whilst typing this, that can trigger a new singing for United the next week.

I mentioned this in the last thread though which you ignored though, Suarez missed the first 6 games and Liverpool won 4/6 in the league (including against Man. United). They've also missed Sturridge for two months so it's not like they haven't had injuries especially as you like to bring up Rooney and RVP missing so many games.

I actually don't think Man. United will get 4th now as I just don't see them winning enough games left against the top 6 teams they still have to play which they will need to do regularly in the run in.

• Like 1

Imagine this for a scenario.....

Arsenal win the premier league, Man. City win the champions league (y'know it will eventually happen and in fairness they are great to watch), Liverpool win the FA cup, Chelsea win nothing (hopefully) but still finish top 4....

and Papillion will still be on this thread arguing Man. United have somehow had the best season. ;)

their next nine games are: Cardiff (h), Stoke (a), Fulham (h), Arsenal (a), Crystal Palace (a), WBA (a), Liverpool (h), West Ham (a) and then Aston Villa (h). Except for Arsenal away (where they always have a good day it seems) they will take a lot of points in the immediate future. 

these games have not been played yet. how can you say this?

Man Utd are a very ordinary team without the help of the ref, which has been absent this year, and two big players who can out-score the opposition.

they've just reinforced the attacking department with Mata but what about the defence and central midfield? no improvement there. it will get worse as the season goes on. no world class players there any more. injuries, fatigue, suspensions - Rafael is about due to get sent off soon - will make them inconsistent performers.

Moyes would take 6th if it were offered now.

There is a reason why fans write messages on computers, whilst real professionals manage and operate football clubs. They will never sack Moyes this season or in the summer.

Edited by maqroll

Â