12th Most Recognised European Football Team in China

Djemba_Villan

Chinese investment into the club is most likely now.  :)

With the rumour about Southampton the other day too, interesting thought G.

Probably nothing at all whatsoever but I read elsewhere that apparently there was a Chinese delegation at the Villa v Arsenal match all wearing VIlla scarfs.

The delegation were Japanese apparently. However, the group that apparently had interest in Southampton have now denied it - 'No individual from Wanda Group has ever been in contact with Southampton Football Club, nor has any individual or third part organisation been appointed on behalf of Wanda Group to engage in contact with Southampton regarding any matters related to the acquisition of Southampton Football club.' 

Yeah I saw about Southampton. I was quite relieved to be honest. The China thing I got from another Villa forum on this page.

阿斯顿维拉

If you need the pronunciation:

Ā sī dùn wéi lā

You're going to need to simplify that a bit more.

Acey Dunwella?

trust me, with how important tone and pronunciation is in mandarin if you've got any kind of brummie / black country twang don't even bother trying

All good, except.....

Why has we only been up and running for 2 months when others have been doing so for 2 years?

The Chinese market is huge, and account for approaching a fifth of the planets population. Surely we knew this before November last year.

This sort of stuff is great, but not difficult and we should not be is far behind others.

**** hell how did Man City get so many more followers than everybody else?

Man City are a marketing machine. They know that new football fans flock to winners and they are shameless in targeting them.

阿斯顿维拉

Just in case any VTers visit China and need to explain who we support :-)

If you need the pronunciation:

Ā sī dùn wéi lā

I'd have just gone for

ASERTONAHVIRRAAAAAA!

• Like 3

We should buy a Chinese player, just so we can appeal even more to that market. Seems mad but if we can pick up a player for 200-500k, it would be worth it imho, especially if he has talent.

Nah, he'd probably want wages.

And it’s Aston Villa

Aston Villa FC

We’re the 12th most recognised team

China has ever seen

Still laughing at that

Haha me too ..

Anyway , Signing a Chinese player would be good marketing .. Really smart one .. If we didn't find an AM let's get one from there ! Won't harm at all !

We should buy a Chinese player, just so we can appeal even more to that market. Seems mad but if we can pick up a player for 200-500k, it would be worth it imho, especially if he has talent.

I've thought this before, but more on the Indian market, given the ethnicity of Birmingham. We should never go for tokenism, but I can't imagine there isn't some youth out there worth a punt!

But before we do, can we check whether the 4 year Salifou experiment helped us corner the Togolese market.

Wow that's racist...

Between that and refusing to call 8pints "bro", I'm starting to worry about you Steven.

Is it racist?

If I'd phonetically typed an Irish or Aussie accent, I doubt people would say it was racist.

I've always wondered why doing a Chinese accent is deemed as racist.

Wow that's racist...

Between that and refusing to call 8pints "bro", I'm starting to worry about you Steven.

Is it racist?

If I'd phonetically typed an Irish or Aussie accent, I doubt people would say it was racist.

I've always wondered why doing a Chinese accent is deemed as racist.

<insert>That's the joke</insert>

Â