Villa verses Everton last night, Sky Sports...

memoryof82

Did Tony Gale try to be as Anti Villa as he could?...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Did Tony Gale try to be as Anti Villa as he could?...

• Yes
    • No

Was is it me or did anyone else watching it, notice that Tony Gale was really hurt when we scored,

like it went against all he stood for, and if he had his way it would have been disallowed,

he genuinely sounded hurt, really annoyed me his general commentary,

or am i the only one?...

i can't say i notcied anything

he said gabby had been quiet, and that he probably needed a rest as he hadn't been in the game

then about 6 seconds later gabby scored

and he went lets take that back

he seemed like he was having a joke to me, because gabby scored just as he was saying he had done nothing in the game

I was quite disgruntled with the style of the Sky presentation. I don't think they were "unfair", but they were sensationalising the game both in the build up and commentary.

All this Villa plummeting, only won 2 in 19 or whatever. Well yes, but they made no mention of the number of draws, or gave any context really. Just over-egging the whole thing. Then, having done that they seemed mildly miffed that it didn't go according to how they had pre-ordained it would in the second half.

Strangely, I thought Peter Reid talked some of the more common sense stuff on the programme, along with the presenter bod in the box who asked decent questions of him.

At least beelzebub wasn't on.

Why does everyone think the media is against us? If it's not Gale, it's Lawro and if it's not Lawro it's Le Tiss. In my experience the media (and most supporters of other clubs) are completely indifferent to the Villa. Most can't be bothered enough to dislike us. Chill out peeps when we storm into the top 5 then they'll have enough reasons to dislike us.

I was quite disgruntled with the style of the Sky presentation. I don't think they were "unfair", but they were sensationalising the game both in the build up and commentary.

All this Villa plummeting, only won 2 in 19 or whatever. Well yes, but they made no mention of the number of draws, or gave any context really. Just over-egging the whole thing. Then, having done that they seemed mildly miffed that it didn't go according to how they had pre-ordained it would in the second half.

Strangely, I thought Peter Reid talked some of the more common sense stuff on the programme, along with the presenter bod in the box who asked decent questions of him.

At least beelzebub wasn't on.

This sums up my thoughts. There certainly seemed to be a lot of knocking villa, like Blandy says focusing on the bad stuff and the fact that we are in free fall blah blah blah!!! Suprisingly, Mr Reid, was very good, told it how it was and was complimentary about the fans, players, mon and the club - from an Evertonian I was impressed.

Mr Gayle gets royally on my tits though

we haven't won a live league game this season have we ?

Why does that not surprise me!

Saw bits of the re-run on Sky this afternoon, can't se what Gale has done wrong and tbh I was in shock that one of the worst Sky commentators Ian Darke wasn't doing our game as he pretty much always does.

Why does everyone think the media is against us? If it's not Gale, it's Lawro and if it's not Lawro it's Le Tiss. In my experience the media (and most supporters of other clubs) are completely indifferent to the Villa. Most can't be bothered enough to dislike us. Chill out peeps when we storm into the top 5 then they'll have enough reasons to dislike us.

exactly. some poeple need to get over themselves. Don't be so precious.

thought he gave a reasonable assessment of what was going on.

he had no bias one way or the other as he's not a Evernot fan either. he's an 'Ammer.

Reid gave a decent analysis and quite a fair one despite being an ex Evernot player.

Yes he did and that man is a word removed, he's always at it. He is one of the main (many) reasons along with Tony Cottee of why I would love to see West Ham going down. Just to see their reaction.

Was is it me or did anyone else watching it, notice that Tony Gale was really hurt when we scored,

like it went against all he stood for, and if he had his way it would have been disallowed,

he genuinely sounded hurt, really annoyed me his general commentary,

or am i the only one?...

I did'nt watch the game on SKY (I was in the Lower Holte at VP), but if it was anything to go by the terrible commentary he gave when we played WHAM earlier in the season, he would have been biased to the extreme. He probably hates our guts but does'nt admit it as he has to provide a balanced viewpoint to his paymasters.

Nowhere near as bad as Mark Bright though.

Â