Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

The Crown's pretty decent.

What happened to the pub in Ombersley? :)

I realized this morning that my recommendation of it might have been a little outdated as I've not been there in a fair old while and it's reopened as part of a (small) chain (Swan at Whittington and a few others).

If anyone's ever in Toronto I recommend Ruth's Chris Steakhouse by the Hilton. Pricey as hell at about $100+ for a dinner, but Jesus H. Christ the steak is out of this world

For the cheaper option, there's a Pickle Barrel on Yonge and Eglinton that's ludicrous value for money. You'll get a truckload of great food for about $40 - though I'd advise against any other Pickle Barrel's in Toronto, they're all garbage compared to that one

I realized this morning that my recommendation of it might have been a little outdated as I've not been there in a fair old while and it's reopened as part of a (small) chain (Swan at Whittington and a few others).

Get that a lot when I visit the Mids.

My local knowledge is well out of date.

My girlfriend takes the piss - "So it was good twenty years ago?" - Often accompanied by a frosty stare.

Think I do remember a pub in Ombersley that did good food, remember pictures on the wall made from gears and cogs from clocks.

If anyone's ever in Toronto I recommend Ruth's Chris Steakhouse by the Hilton. Pricey as hell at about $100+ for a dinner, but Jesus H. Christ the steak is out of this world

For the cheaper option, there's a Pickle Barrel on Yonge and Eglinton that's ludicrous value for money. You'll get a truckload of great food for about $40 - though I'd advise against any other Pickle Barrel's in Toronto, they're all garbage compared to that one

that's about £55  ..where do you live that £55 is pricey as hell :)

on the subject of Steak though "Smith and Wollensky" in the US get my vote  ... Prime rib the size of a small country   .. drool

i make it a point to visit one every time i go to the states

1st time i went i thought nandos was brilliant, 2nd time i thought i know i'll try a different flavour, think it was the 3rd time i went that i started to think it was a bit pointless

strange how i'll go to miller and carter and happily have the same steak every time but i feel as if nandos is boring because its chicken or chicken

I've never been to a Nando's 

is my life incomplete ?

pretty much

its better than the likes of frankie and bennys / chiquitos / pizza express etc but its basically chicken grilled in a choice of around 7 sauces, to me its boring

Edited by villa4europe

Rotate with four different ones over here - there's a fifth one i'd love to go to but it means not drinking or paying a shed load for a taxi return. I think there is a lack of top class restaurants for obvious reasons, but then again it wouldn't be a regular occurrence to spunk £150-£200 on a meal for two anyway.

Â