Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

Hukaz, Brudenell Grove, Leeds.

Not fancy or owt but great food and atmosphere at decent prices.

Candytown Chinese restaurant in Sheffield is pretty good. Can't think of my favourite curry house because I've been to a few which are great. I love Brazilian rodizio places like Fazenda in Leeds and Liverpool too.

VMF is good, for the money, Annexe in Birmingham is very nice and Miller and Carters is a sure bet. To be honest i have found many restaurants hit and miss, they serve nice food one week, poor the next. I much prefer to cook myself or let the Mrs do it.

Edited by tinker

Food is a bit meh as far as I'm concerned.. It's just something you have to do

couldnt disagree more, i love eating, i love finding new restaurants and new food hence i especially love eating while on holiday, my favourite part of vegas was the food and the number of good quality restaurants (and i did a lot)

you've surprised me, i would have thought as someone who travels as much as you do you'd enjoy stuff like that

I'll always try to eat local when I'm away, I don't goto Asia and find a KFC for example but I'm just not into food in that way ... ( I also order the local beer rather than some imported American / Aussie / English stuff )

They have double big macs in Bangkok! Quite delicious at 4am after too many Singhas! 

I'm not a big restaurant goer, not because I don't like it, but because I have no one to go with (ahhhh!). I see it as more of a thing to do with a loved one rather than mates. I do remember having a decent meal at Loewy in Jakarta though. 

in dubai i had a double stacked McChicken sandwich as well as big macs

in shanghai i went to KFC and had a king prawn burger in the herbs and spices with a red caviar sauce, was a bit weird but good

tend to do both, chains that you find here that you can see whats different and then local places where you can see what the food is really like, on holiday is the only time i'll ever eat 3 times a day

Back in the Mids at the weekend. My sis recommended The Crown in Hallow, on the edge of Worcester.

I got a better choice than the veggie girlfriend, but her risotto was lovely.

I had pork cheek, belly, fillet, black pud and crackling. Really nice, carefully presented. The crackling was made to look like tree branches.

Good portions for 'pretty' food.

Tasted lovely.

It worked out around £25 a head, though I was driving and we'd been out the night before. Just the one glass of wine on the bill.

Paid more for less plenty of times.

• Like 1

dropped the kids off at a Beefeater a couple of weeks and set up a tab for them, waitress said 'so they can have anything they want, yeah?', I said yes as long as that wasn't a bottle of vodka ha ha. 'oh no, I wouldn't let tham have that, I meant off the menu', I explained I was joking and yes, they could have anything.

got back 2 hours later, top item on the bill, 4 halves of **** Carling!

Wrong on a minimum of 3 levels.

• Like 1

There's a Chinese just up from Bayswater Tube heading towards Hyde Park, can't for the life of me recall the name but it's stunning and always full of Chinese customers. Great food

Sounds right up my street

What's it called ?

:)

There's a Chinese just up from Bayswater Tube heading towards Hyde Park, can't for the life of me recall the name but it's stunning and always full of Chinese customers. Great food

Magic wok ? That's prob the best in bayswater anyway.

Don't have a certain favourite but I do have a soft spot for local pub food.

Wong kei in china town is great too- cheap, easy, no big fuss and big portion. Makes it better if u can understand what the waiters talk about their non chinese customers too.

None of this fancy Dan stuff. I like Angel Chef in Worcester for cheap and plentiful Chinese buffet.

Favourite is probably Saffron Quarter in Worcester. Buffet of Chinese, Indian, Italian, English all together. Wow.

Magic wok ? That's prob the best in bayswater anyway.

Don't have a certain favourite but I do have a soft spot for local pub food.

Wong kei in china town is great too- cheap, easy, no big fuss and big portion. Makes it better if u can understand what the waiters talk about their non chinese customers too.

I've never heard them say anything other than "upstairs" or "downstairs " :)

Part of its charm :)

Sounds right up my street

What's it called ?

:)

Can't recall but the sign is red background with gold lettering if that helps and it's not a buffet.

Those buffets , does anyone else ever come out like a bit fidgety afterwards and wired

Bromsgrove: Zynga's.

Best Indian anywhere.

That's a bold claim sir! 

An Najeeb on Conduit Street in Leicester (right by the train station) is probably the best place I've been to.   In Brum I like Saleem's on Ladypool Road in the Balti Triangle and the Balti Raj by the Swan Island does a cracking takeaway. 

In Nuneaton (well, Wolvey village) there is a lovely Italian tapas place called Pesto. It's at the old Axe and Compass if you know it, I imagine most people from Nuneaton will have.   The Gurkha restaurant in the town centre is very good too, top notch Nepalese food. 

Â