Dark Souls II

Ginko

• 3 months later...

Had a few minutes on Dark Souls III yesterday.

From the limited amount of time I spent on it, there was no great departure from DS 1 and 2 which I would imagine would please the more hardcore fan.

The one thing I did think look improved was the overall look of the graphics - running very smoothly and some nice lighting effects.

Fingers crossed this will be the usual high standard when it's released in April next year.

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Had a few minutes on Dark Souls III yesterday.

From the limited amount of time I spent on it, there was no great departure from DS 1 and 2 which I would imagine would please the more hardcore fan.

The one thing I did think look improved was the overall look of the graphics - running very smoothly and some nice lighting effects.

Fingers crossed this will be the usual high standard when it's released in April next year.

I am glad it's not very different. Dark Souls is one of the few games that has a lot right already. There are very few things that I would want changed for dark souls 3. I do hope that the hit boxes will be a bit better though. Dark souls 2 was annoying with katanas that felt 40 feet at times. 

I think the game will be great. Miyazaki is actually the director for this one so I expect a mix of bloodborne and dark souls 1. He already said he is trying to take the best game mechanics from each game for dark souls 3. 

Â