Dark Souls II

Ginko

Just beat Nashandra on NG+++ to get wrath of the gods. Had to also beat the mirror knight on NG+++ which was a nightmare. So tanky.

I haven't even got through no-mans wharf

If you have a lockstone, use it in the wharf. It turns on all the lights which pushes the dark creatures inside. It makes it a lot easier. Make sure you fully explore that area (hidden walls) cause there are some really good rings in there. 

I just got trolled so hard

Had 18k souls and read a note in front of a door to see what was behind someone left the note "Shortcut ahead"

So i assumed it was back to the bonfire i just came from i opened the door and there was a wall on the other side went through then suddenly fell to my death there was no floor on the other side!

Yes a door in a wall which leads into an abyss only in Dark Souls 2 would the devs be so cruel

But i can't get enough of this game brilliant

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Just beat Nashandra on NG+++ to get wrath of the gods. Had to also beat the mirror knight on NG+++ which was a nightmare. So tanky.

If you have a lockstone, use it in the wharf. It turns on all the lights which pushes the dark creatures inside. It makes it a lot easier. Make sure you fully explore that area (hidden walls) cause there are some really good rings in there.

Cheers. I think it's been mentioned elsewhere but this time round it's massively unforgiving if you get rushed by 2 or more enemies you're pretty much screwed

Cheers. I think it's been mentioned elsewhere but this time round it's massively unforgiving if you get rushed by 2 or more enemies you're pretty much screwed

Since I am a big dark souls fan, I went and purchased a guide for the game. I like how difficult dark souls is and I really like the challenges the game gives you, but certain parts of the game are just down right impossible to figure out without some help. If you want to actually make dark souls more fun for yourself, I'd really recommend purchasing the guide. It will show you what items are in what area, tips, hidden areas, armor sets, weapons, spells, you get the point. It makes the game so much more fun.

Wear the ring that breaks when you die but it allows you to keep your humanity and souls for boss fights or whenever you are human. It makes it so much easier to keep a hold of your effigy and not lose your souls. 

Just reached the bell tower

What a horrible area that is

Not the boss fight just the fact you get continuously invaded

I got invaded 3 times in succession within seconds killed the first 2 but couldnt hit the last bloke with spells because of lag and him somehow managing to get behind me and backstab me even though he was in front of me on my screen

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Just reached the bell tower

What a horrible area that is

Not the boss fight just the fact you get continuously invaded

I got invaded 3 times in succession within seconds killed the first 2 but couldnt hit the last bloke with spells because of lag and him somehow managing to get behind me and backstab me even though he was in front of me on my screen

That area's a nightmare, I ended up just sprinting for the fog gate after the 9th invasion. It's bizarre to me how I get invaded by people with all these wonderful weapons and shields that I never seem to find. And then they kill me. Over and over and over

I managed to mod my game already. I didn't do anything like adjusting my stats to make pvp unfair, but I did mod my items so I have 999 effigy's, 999 twinkling titanite, and 999 of other crafting materials. I was getting really sick of constantly using astetics just to collect enough titanite to make one set upgraded. It's silly that no npc sells it anywhere. I have been going into people's games and dropping them effigies or titanites to help them out too. 

I did make a new character and modded it so I was a level 500 to test some things out though. I went to pvp against my friend and dark souls actually removed all my mods when I entered into his game. It was very strange, but when he invaded me, nothing changed. Also dark souls actually made my game harder to adjust to my increased level so I wasn't doing stupid dmg despite my stats listing I did 1637 with my staff. Seems like they are trying to stop hackers this time around with is great. I hated people who just gave themselves infinite health and stamina last dark souls. 

Executioner's Chariot is incredibly annoying

I felt the same way when I first fought him but he is actually one of the easiest bosses. First run along the left wall and just hide in the area that goes into the wall to hide from the chariot (Get a shield that blocks 100% physical dmg and just hold that up). Repeat along the left and kill the mage this time. Wait for chariot to pass and run to right wall now and hide. Then run along the right to find another opening. Repeat until you get the mage. Across from the mage is a lever, just pull that and the boss will fall off the chariot and you fight the horse who is pretty simple.

Are you playing on xbox? If so I might be able to help you.

(Get a shield that blocks 100% physical dmg and just hold that up).

Only cowards use shields 

Managed to get as far as i have purely by dodging 

Ruin Sentinels was a nightmare though

Edited by AshVilla

(Get a shield that blocks 100% physical dmg and just hold that up).

Only cowards use shields 

Managed to get as far as i have purely by dodging 

Ruin Sentinels was a nightmare though

Not using a shield is extremely stupid. They are there for a reason. If you want to put yourself at a disadvantage, then go ahead. If I see someone in pvp two handing a sword or not using a shield, it is always an easy kill.

I felt the same way when I first fought him but he is actually one of the easiest bosses. First run along the left wall and just hide in the area that goes into the wall to hide from the chariot (Get a shield that blocks 100% physical dmg and just hold that up). Repeat along the left and kill the mage this time. Wait for chariot to pass and run to right wall now and hide. Then run along the right to find another opening. Repeat until you get the mage. Across from the mage is a lever, just pull that and the boss will fall off the chariot and you fight the horse who is pretty simple.

This topic seems to be my lucky charm - 5 minutes after I complained about EC I beat it, likewise with no mans wharf. I'm having more fun on this one than DS1 although I suspect that's something to do with the fact I haven't as yet spent 2 months stuck on one boss as I did with smough and ornstein.

I'm doing a strength/dex build which suits my play style (no finesse, swing the sword around wildly)

And yes I am playing on Xbox, meant to ask czechlad how did you mod your game? Unless you're playing the PC version?

This topic seems to be my lucky charm - 5 minutes after I complained about EC I beat it, likewise with no mans wharf. I'm having more fun on this one than DS1 although I suspect that's something to do with the fact I haven't as yet spent 2 months stuck on one boss as I did with smough and ornstein.

I'm doing a strength/dex build which suits my play style (no finesse, swing the sword around wildly)

And yes I am playing on Xbox, meant to ask czechlad how did you mod your game? Unless you're playing the PC version?

PC isn't out yet, but I use a program that just allows me to edit my saved game files. Pretty much I take my saved files from the xbox, put it on a flash drive, plug it into my computer then edit my files on there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my first playthrough yesterday, finally (was a little sidetracked with Reaper of Souls). I feel like I could be here all afternoon writing my thoughts on it, there's so much to talk about and analyse but don't want to spoil too much, particularly as the pc version's out soon.

It was quite the adventure and as equally as satisfying as previous souls games without question and the beauty is, I've barely touched the surface with new game specs and builds and covenants, items. I'll be certainly playing it for months and months to come. Already looking forward to doing it all over again with a sorcerer / hex based build. 

The game itself, I actually found moments of frustration that I hadn't really encountered in other Souls' games and although the game now is more accessible to people I actually think this was the hardest (mentally) in the series and I say mentally because I think the level design in general is the weakest of the three games and as a result of that, I found my frustrations to not be boss encounters but actually getting back to bosses and hauling through mobs after dying - particularly in areas like Iron Keep and Shrine of Amana, which were just a pain in the arse. It's not really a criticism though, just rather the game is so huge, there will naturally be weaker designed areas than others.

All in all, an absolutely phenomenal adventure and one i'm just itching to get back to. Beating the last boss within an inch of my cursed life genuinely made me fist pump the air and shout **** YOU DARK SOULS AND ALL THAT SHIT YOU JUST PUT ME THROUGH!

Oh, I love you really.

It's a great game. Hopefully wins game of the year. 

I haven't really played that much within the last couple of weeks, but I wanna get on with NG+. I have been pvp-ing a lot. Forbidden sun is op.

I was quite proud of myself that I got through 80% of the game without a shield. As soon as I got the Black Knight Halberd I'd found my weapon of choice, stuck with the 2 handed / roll strat and worked out really well for me and felt very satisfying. It was only until the end of the game I found a 100% physical block shield with good stability and reasonably light weight that I could use to not bring me over 50% equip weight and It was a good job I got it as I really needed it for the Throne watcher/defender boss. I must have died over 10 times without a shield and had to give in. That was a great encounter though, heart was racing towards the end. 

Edited by nobler

Â