Miroslav Klose

Villan4Life

Don't see it and to be honest we don't need any more strikers now.

We do! This is Lambert's preferred team:

--------------- Guzan ---------------

Puncheon -- Klose --- Scotland -- Heskey

Weimann --- Bowery --- Helenius -- Gabby

------------ Benteke -- Holt ----------

If only Kozak hadn't been injured :( Oh well, Guzan will need to stay in goal until he's back.

:D

using arguments the way he does because he is pissed off about all things Villa (so saying we pay YTS,  saying Baker is a wimp etc etc)  actually detracts from any valid criticisms he wants to have

So why did you join him in it then?

So which is it? Do you believe we pay Premier League standard wages and the manager has bought dross, or do we pay wages not good enough to attract better players? What does your ITK spidey sense say?

Holt at Wigan and Klose at Lazio on about similar wages apparently...

Crazy

Outside the biggest clubs there's not a lot of money knocking about in Italy at the mo. The days of Erikson's Lazio buying the title are loooooong gone.

Klose was a great player, not sure how amazing he'd be as part of a fast counter attacking team these days though. 

Holt at Wigan and Klose at Lazio on about similar wages apparently...

Crazy

Outside the biggest clubs there's not a lot of money knocking about in Italy at the mo. The days of Erikson's Lazio buying the title are loooooong gone.

Klose was a great player, not sure how amazing he'd be as part of a fast counter attacking team these days though. 

Yeah i know, it's more the fact that Holt earns £28k/w at Wigan that is baffling.

England is about the only place were the wages has not been affected by the financial crash in Europe. Even the crappy teams (except us) still pay silly wages

typical Lambert signing, never heard of him. so he must be shit

I am sorry, but you never heard about Klose?

The man is a legend and one of the most prolific German goal scorers - EVER.

35 years old, he would still be a fantastic asset for Villa.

even as a coach

using arguments the way he does because he is pissed off about all things Villa (so saying we pay YTS,  saying Baker is a wimp etc etc)  actually detracts from any valid criticisms he wants to have

So why did you join him in it then?

So which is it? Do you believe we pay Premier League standard wages and the manager has bought dross, or do we pay wages not good enough to attract better players? What does your ITK spidey sense say?

Not sure how I joined him,  I pointed out his argument was factually wrong and said i felt it was more to do with his general unease at all things Villa,  hey ho

On the wages argument,  not really on topic of this thread but as you have asked,  not every club in the premier league has the same budget and not every premier league club pays the same wages for players.  There is no set list by which you have to pay wages of a certain level for a premier league player or championship or league one etc.

Do we pay premier league wages ? Yes

Do we pay high level ?  No

Are our wages comparable to other clubs in the league ?  I'd say overall the total budget probable yes to some clubs but certainly not those at the top end of the table

See not sure your argument on the wages is as clear cut or black and white as you make out

Not sure how I joined him,  I pointed out his argument was factually wrong and said i felt it was more to do with his general unease at all things Villa,  hey ho

Nothing FACTUALLY about it, as surely 'premier league wages' is an opinion? Unless we're talking about the Premier League paying the players wages, in which case it's wrong as this doesn't happen. See, I can be anal with semantics too :)

Are our wages comparable to other clubs in the league ?  I'd say overall the total budget probable yes to some clubs but certainly not those at the top end of the table

HairyHands said otherwise. I know you are incredibly ITK and all that, but he had a bit more credibility so if it's all the same I'll believe him.

See not sure your argument on the wages is as clear cut or black and white as you make out

Not quite sure what this even means let alone is in respect to. I suspect it's one of those dodging techniques to avoid answering a perfectly normal question. Still, when the backing comes, and that meltdown (for the right reasons) player comes I'm sure all will be good.

Edited by Pilchard

Â