Grant Holt

samjp26

Perhaps I phrased that badly, I didn't mean I thought he played well or was better than Weimann, but I just think that considering Holt is a big striker who was quite good in the air for Norwich, that when we were playing with Albrighton and putting it in the box through crossing that he probably had more chance at winning some headers than Weimann, as he isn't great in the air.

He did look like he was trying to me.

And the plan, if I'm mistaken, was to forget all the play that led to us having a decent first half and just smash the ball into the box for the last 20 mins, so the sub made a bit of sense.

But my word he is gash.

We had a decent first half?

Yeah, wasn't too bad in the grand scheme of things, certainly our home form.

Bit vulnerable on the counter, but had the better of it I thought. We'd have made the breakthrough if we played the same stuff in the second half I think.

Shame we decided to go for hoof.

We were better today that when we played at home v Man City.

Bit vulnerable on the counter, but had the better of it I thought. We'd have made the breakthrough if we played the same stuff in the second half I think.

We had the better of it? Jarvis went through one on one twice, Bertrand saved a clear goal and they had a couple of other decent chances.

We hit the target once with a cross from Westwood which the wind took on target.

• Like 1

A thought...

As well as being rubbish, is it possible Holt will have the opposite effect in the dressing room to the one Lambert was after?

Players have worked hard all season, battling for a place in the side, and got us to 10th/11th, whatever. Certainly, we've been hearing how hard Helenius has been working hard and is to get his chance soon.

Then Lambo brings in a guy from his old club, who has been doing nothing a team from the division below and plays him every week.

Weimann was swearing a lot when he came off, I bet he's not thrilled at coming off for him.

Like I said, the sub made sense today because we brought on Albrighton to get crosses in and just started wellying it into the box, but I just think it could annoy the other players.

We had the better of it? Jarvis went through one on one twice, Bertrand saved a clear goal and they had a couple of other decent chances.

We hit the target once with a cross from Westwood which the wind took on target.

Wind played well for us today I thought.

The argument that he brings experience to the dressing room is a weak one considering how bad a footballer he is and also how, in premier league standards, out of shape he is. I also imagine the experience he brings has been soured by the fact it must piss certain players off that he is higher up the pecking order than them and he is replacing certain players when used as a sub.

This signing was just a bad idea whether it cost little or not, my thoughts were he would hold people back and bring nothing to the pitch and so far that is all that has happened.

• Like 1

I don't see the point of playing Holt.I'd rather playTonev or Helenius tbh.

Came on yday, so we changed from a team that usually hoofs it, to a team that always hoofs it.Meat and drink to Collins and Thomkins yday, we played right into their hands, needed a player to makeruns off Benteke, and play on the floor more.Collins was a liability against players on the floor, he looked world class yday.

Lambert is completely clueless.

Players will not be happy coming off for Holt. Wiemann although wasn't great yesterday looked pretty pissed when he got took off. Its like being taken off for a older unfitter guy in our amateur leagues, we are never happy!

Start scoring foreveryoung, and you won't be taken off!

Â