8th Highest Attendance....

smetrov

I read over the weekend that Aston Villa have the 8th Highest Average Attendance in the PL .............

So there really need is no reason why we are dealing like Paupers.................

I know attendance money is small beer in comparission to TV revenue etc .....but the general point stands - we should have more clout than we appear to have at the moment.

So there really need is no reason why we are dealing like Paupers.................

Yes there is, this reason.

I know attendance money is small beer in comparission to TV revenue etc.................

I agree.

The only teams who should be spending more than us are MUFC, MCFC, CFC, AFC, THFC and LFC.

We should be paying the same wages as EFC and NUFC.

That's not how football works though. By your logic Leeds should be spending more than some PL clubs.

Edited by Mantis

Unfortunately comparing attendance figures isn't comparing "apples with apples"

A case in point is Spurs or even Chelsea. On average we are 5 % above Spurs and 10% below Chelsea in terms of numbers but both generate dramatically more in revenue from attendances than we do. To them and the likes of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc attendance money is important.

While it is true that TV money is much more important, if ever the Premier League made the split less egalitarian or the big 6 decided they wanted to negotiate TV fees directly, clubs such as Villa would be in even more trouble.

Out of interest, how much are their wage bills compared to ours?

I don't know but I assume more because Lambert said we couldn't afford Lukaku's wages and he's now at Everton and also the same for Moussa Sissoko who's now at Newcastle.

I agree.

The only teams who should be spending more than us are MUFC, MCFC, CFC, AFC, THFC and LFC.

That's not how football works though. By your logic Leeds should be spending more than some PL clubs.

If they were in the PL then yes but obviously not without the TV money.

I read over the weekend that Aston Villa have the 8th Highest Average Attendance in the PL .............

I know attendance money is small beer in comparission to TV revenue etc .....but the general point stands - we should have more clout than we appear to have at the moment.

If we had clout we wouldn't know what to do with it.

Yes there is, this reason.

I know attendance money is small beer in comparission to TV revenue etc.................

Luckily our TV revenue is HUGE like everyone elses

Edited by Ulver

I agree.

So why do you think only the clubs you listed are the ones that "should" be spending more money than us? There are so many different factors involved.

I agree.

So why do you think only the clubs you listed are the ones that "should" be spending more money than us? There are so many different factors involved.

Bigger revenues, bigger clubs, Champions League money etc.

Everton are no bigger than us, have no Champions League money, similar crowds to us etc so I expect us to be competing with them.

I agree.

Bigger revenues, bigger clubs, Champions League money etc.

Everton are no bigger than us, have no Champions League money, similar crowds to us etc so I expect us to be competing with them.

So we "should" be spending more or the same as the rest of the league because we're bigger?

It just doesn't work like that.

Out of interest, how much are their wage bills compared to ours?

I don't know but I assume more because Lambert said we couldn't afford Lukaku's wages and he's now at Everton and also the same for Moussa Sissoko who's now at Newcastle.

That's a fair assumption to make, but I'm genuinely interested in what the total wage bills are because we've still got some big earners on our books.

For a start we have some of the most modest priced tickets in the Premier League (which is no bad thing for us the fans to be fair). If you're selling say 35K tickets at anywhere £30 - £45 (not taking into account concessions), and someone else is selling 30K tickets at £50 - £70, they're making more than you. Add to that selling corporate boxes, refreshments, merchandise, sponsorship, TV money, prize money etc, not to mention the 'sugar daddy' scenarios, then is only a tiny part of your turnover. As such having the 8th highest attendances means very little.

• Like 1

Read this today too. It's a fantastic plus for our club, and after the excesses financially something that with our wage bill below 60% of turnover shoudl put us in a good position to invest, sensibly. 

Anyone thinking this means we have an automatic right to spunk loads of money we don't have again has been living in a hole in the ground the last 4 years.  What it does mean is after we have got this season out the way, retain our Premier league status (hopefully with a mid table finish to get as much tv cash as possible) then we will be in a very healthy position.

Obviously we'd all prefer to be where Everton are at the moment but we've got to survive some tough times still at least for the remainder of this season before we can start thinking about climbing the table instead of just getting our house in order.

• Like 1

Read this today too. It's a fantastic plus for our club, and after the excesses financially something that with our wage bill below 60% of turnover shoudl put us in a good position to invest, sensibly. 

Anyone thinking this means we have an automatic right to spunk loads of money we don't have again has been living in a hole in the ground the last 4 years.  What it does mean is after we have got this season out the way, retain our Premier league status (hopefully with a mid table finish to get as much tv cash as possible) then we will be in a very healthy position.

Obviously we'd all prefer to be where Everton are at the moment but we've got to survive some tough times still at least for the remainder of this season before we can start thinking about climbing the table instead of just getting our house in order.

I agree with this - plus, our regular fans deserve a pat on the back for their loyalty. Just imagine what our gates would be if we were at our maximum potential.

Â