Weekends 11/12 Jan

andykeenan

Sunderland beat Manchester United too. 

I'm gonna judge when they face against some better teams...

Oh. Okay. Point conceded. :D

• Like 1

What the hell is going on at Everton with the PA?  After their goals today:

[man's voice]  The first goalscorer for Everton today is number eighteen...

[shrill, nasal woman's voice] GARETH BARRY! 

[man's voice]  The second goalscorer for Everton today is number eleven...

[shrill, nasal woman's voice] KEVIN MIRALLAS! 

It's like somebody scraping their nails down a blackboard.  I'd  rather have Chelsea Dagger played over the tannoy after every goal than having to suffer that shit. 

• Like 1

What the hell is going on at Everton with the PA?  After their goals today:

[man's voice]  The first goalscorer for Everton today is number eighteen...

[shrill, nasal woman's voice] GARETH BARRY! 

[man's voice]  The second goalscorer for Everton today is number eleven...

[shrill, nasal woman's voice] KEVIN MIRALLAS! 

It's like somebody scraping their nails down a blackboard.  I'd  rather have Chelsea Dagger played over the tannoy after every goal than having to suffer that shit. 

I'm watching MOTD with my dad and we both gave each other a look after we heard the screeching woman's voice. Very weird.

A football landed in my back garden at about quarter past three this afternoon.  I had assumed it belonged to one of the local kids but after seeing Jason Puncheon's penalty kick at White Hart Lane I now know where it came from. 

It was John Carew's penalty vs Newcastle, finally landing after spending about three and a half years in orbit.  Puncheon's ball is due to land some time in 2017.

• Like 4

I hear Demel got injured pretty badly, and they'll lose Tomkins for the next match.

Caught a Roger Johnson swinging elbow flush in the face. Ouch

Didn't see it. I just saw the 11 minutes added time in the first half and saw Demel was taken off. 11 minutes usually suggests it wasn't trivial. 

Wasn't a bone or muscle problem for them at least.. if it's a broken nose or something, that's a pretty quick repair and a face mask, shouldn't be that long out?

Yeah, I decided to watch the West Ham-Cardiff game, and it looked pretty gruesome. That the world feed spent ten minutes basically only showing players kicking the ball around, and Allardyce standing around with the occasional wide angle view of the pitch where you could see the cluster of paramedics pretty much told me all I needed to know...

One of the most baffling things of the season for me...Ki has been fantastic for Sunderland, why were Swansea so happy to let him leave on loan?

They have jonjo shelvey.

One of the most baffling things of the season for me, Ki has been fantastic for Sunderland, why did Swansea let him leave on loan?

Edited by Con

The Everton PA - it wasn't a woman it was a young boy. 

If that's the case I hope his mates take the piss out of him at school for the next three months because he has a girls voice.  

Not sure what to make of the results affecting us. Could have done without Sunderland & wham winning but Cardiff Norwich and Swansea all look shite to me aswell as Fulham. We have a run of 5 games starting April 5th that should save us:

Fulham (h)

Palace (a)

Saints (h)

Swans (a)

Hull (h)

Not sure what to make of the results affecting us. Could have done without Sunderland & wham winning but Cardiff Norwich and Swansea all look shite to me aswell as Fulham. We have a run of 5 games starting April 5th that should save us:

Fulham (h)

Palace (a)

Saints (h)

Swans (a)

Hull (h)

We are notoriously good at losing to the teams around us in the table though. I'm banking on nothing. 

• Like 1

Â