Weekends 11/12 Jan

andykeenan

I hear Demel got injured pretty badly, and they'll lose Tomkins for the next match. 

Caught a Roger Johnson swinging elbow flush in the face. Ouch

Didn't see it. I just saw the 11 minutes added time in the first half and saw Demel was taken off. 11 minutes usually suggests it wasn't trivial. 

Wasn't a bone or muscle problem for them at least.. if it's a broken nose or something, that's a pretty quick repair and a face mask, shouldn't be that long out?

Results today weren't too bad for us, could do with Man Utd and Liverpool winning to keep us in 11th before we kick off against Arsenal.

True, southampton's win has also officially divided the top and bottom halves of the table for good now. Cant see the 10 sides in either half going up or down into the other half for the rest of the season now

• Like 1

Moyes: 'we're ready to go again'. Where have i heard that, or isit just an automated Scottish response when under pressure?

Made me lol that Moyes comment. Good that a Man U manager start using that phrase too.

He's a wonderful player. I just point to him when people act all surprised about Mata not getting a regular game at Chelsea.

He cuts in from the left, though. Mata is a genuine 'playmaker' and considerably better than any other Chelsea player at creating goals from nothing. I think they can both be accomodated but Mourinho doesn't fancy Mata because he doesn't track back.

It's not two though, it's three.  Oscar is also a factor in the equation and he is also a wonderful player.  I guess Jose doesn't want three blokes in the midfield who all kinda do the same thing (something Paul Lambert doesn't appear to have an issue with :P) so Mata is unfortunately the odd man out.  It does look silly at first glance, but you can't really argue with Jose's logic, Chelsea are top of the table and the people keeping Mata out of the side are world class. 

I'd like to see Mata leave though, it's a genuine shame to see such a good player stuck on the bench.  He needs first team football. 

Fulham are really shit. How did we lose to them?

We are really shit too. 

• Like 1

Fulham are really shit. How did we lose to them?

We are really shit too. 

You could have sugar coated it for me instead of being so witheringly emphatic!  :)

• Like 1

Â