Joe Lolley

MCU

Apparently Villa scouts were at the game today.

On the other side, according to the Beeb, Huddersfield have had permission granted to talk to him.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we signed him! Loan him to someone like Walsall for experience. 

• Like 1

I saw him on his debut for Kiddy against Luton and he was the only player for Harriers than stood out. Pretty unbelievable that a year ago he was only playing for his university firsts. 

Makes you think about what/who has slipped through the net.

I saw him on his debut for Kiddy against Luton and he was the only player for Harriers than stood out. Pretty unbelievable that a year ago he was only playing for his university firsts. 

And on the flipside, there are plenty of players that aren't good enough and got really lucky.

• Like 1

And on the flipside, there are plenty of players that aren't good enough and got really lucky.

I've seen absolutely loads of lower league football over the past year and you can see the players who have made it just because of their height and power but are entirely technically inept. Shame really, completely explains why the standard of the players England produces is **** dire. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 3

I've seen absolutely loads of lower league football over the past year and you can see the players who have made it just because of their height and power but are entirely technically inept. Shame really, completely explains why the standard of the players England produces is **** dire. 

Bowery.

Bowery.

I know, we're so fortunate that he wasn't one of those that slipped through the net

Non league is an odd place as there are some very good players who don't want to make the step up to full time professionals because they have a well paying 'proper' job that they won't give up.

Would be great for Joe to get a big move. He clearly eats, sleeps and breathes football.

I was watching a proper piece of non-league a few years back and there was a player for Carmarthen that was clearly out of place, clearly and literally a different league.

So much so that I suggested he was either a ringer or had problems that made him unmanageable at a higher level.

Turned out it was neither, it was just strange luck with not getting scouted or picked and not getting the breaks.

It was Mark Delaney.

Leon Jeanne was probably one of the most naturally talented players I ever saw. On his day he was simply unplayable for good reasons, he was international standard. Unfortunately, 'on his day' proved spectacularly rare.

Non league is an odd place as there are some very good players who don't want to make the step up to full time professionals because they have a well paying 'proper' job that they won't give up.

Yeah definitely this. 

If you listen/read about Ian Wright's career, he nearly didn't make it because he had to go on a week's trial at Crystal Palace and couldn't afford it.

He wasn't allowed the time off and it was only because his boss gave him special permission that he went.

There must be loads of people in a similar position. Not willing to take the risk because it would jeopardise their career if they didn't make it.

There are part time players earning huge amounts of money getting teams promoted then dropping back into another part-time team and trying to get them up too. My mate was playing for Tamworth 7 or 8 years ago and there were guys there getting ~£600 a week to train twice a week and play on a Saturday.

Â