Formula One 2014

BOF

I'm gonna be silent for a while now so that you think I've taken it badly.  But I haven't.  And you won't know that.

Ok and I'm going to pretend not to care but watch out for any future posts you make to ensure I 'like' them and maybe even quote them and post positive statements that support and agree with whatever you've written in an attempt to gain favour.

• Like 1

Bernie Ecclestone has stepped down from the board of the company which runs Formula 1 following his indictment on bribery charges in Germany.

But the 83-year-old will continue to run the business on a day-to-day basis, Delta Topco said in a statement.

Ecclestone will go on trial to face allegations he bribed a German banker who is serving a jail sentence for receiving the payment.

He admits paying Gerhard Gribkowsky, but denies bribery.

His stepping down means he can no longer approve and sign significant contracts.

And Ron Dennis has stormed the McLaren offices, taken the lift to the highest floor, kicked Martin Whitmarsh out of an unfortunately open window and declared himself king.

At least, that's what I think the rest of the article says, I didn't bother reading past the first line after getting distracted by the thought of Ron Dennis performing an actual coup d'etat...

Edited by CardiffGreens

You can choose the designation of Ferrari's next F1 car. You have until next Friday (24th).

Pick from between F14T, F14 Maranello, F14 Scuderia, F166 Turbo or F616. The winning designation will be announced on the 24th. Do it here.

I voted (5 times*...) for F14T cuz it cleverly reads as FIAT :)

* you're allowed vote 5 times.

Meanwhile, the Telegraph are speculating that Ross Brawn might come back into F1 as part of Ron Dennis' internal coup at McLaren :detect:

That works be ace, I believe he's having 6 months off currently so see how he feels after that.

Meanwhile, the Telegraph are speculating that Ross Brawn might come back into F1 as part of Ron Dennis' internal coup at McLaren :detect:

That works be ace, I believe he's having 6 months off currently so see how he feels after that.

he has to wait 6 months before taking another job are the terms for his release from Mercedes apparently.

Think how McLaren get on under whitmarsh in those 6 months will see if he keeps his job really

My big hope for 2014 is that Michael Schumacher makes a full recovery...

...so that he can watch Sebastian Vettel prove that you can achieve what M.S. did without being a rocket polisher.

Now oddly enough, I always liked MIchael Schumacher - I liked the way he strutted about with his nose in the air like the other drivers were so far beneath him he wouldn't want to make eye contact, I liked the slight suggestion you always got with him that he was enjoying it and having you on, that he was quietly laughing at his own creation.

Vettel on the other hand, I find entirely lacking in any form of personality, there is nothing likeable about him. Try and describe him without saying he drives a car and has big teeth and is German - there's nothing there, that's all he is, he has no real worth as a human being, no opinions, no personality, nothing. 

The wrong one went skiing.

...so that he can watch Sebastian Vettel prove that you can achieve what M.S. did without being a rocket polisher.

Now oddly enough, I always liked MIchael Schumacher - I liked the way he strutted about with his nose in the air like the other drivers were so far beneath him he wouldn't want to make eye contact, I liked the slight suggestion you always got with him that he was enjoying it and having you on, that he was quietly laughing at his own creation.

Vettel on the other hand, I find entirely lacking in any form of personality, there is nothing likeable about him. Try and describe him without saying he drives a car and has big teeth and is German - there's nothing there, that's all he is, he has no real worth as a human being, no opinions, no personality, nothing.

The wrong one went skiing.

I agree..

As for this next season, I just want this one to be exciting, to be thrilling, to have more battling for the big prize. I want it to be close between 4/5 drivers.

Last season I watched 3 races! I've never watched so few!

This season I think  hope will be the season Red Bull are knocked off their perch.

Think the top 5 standings will be something like this at the end of the season,

Hamilton 

Vettel

Alonso

Kimi

Rosberg

Caterham will field an all-new driver line-up this year after confirming that Japanese driver Kamui Kobayashi and Swedish rookie Marcus Ericsson will spearhead their 2014 campaign.

A swede, in F1. Cool. Don't finish last! :(

Yeah, Vettel's already failed to prove that.

Caterham to confirm VDG & Kobayashi in the morning

Didn't see that one coming, VDG announced as saubers test driver

I love Koba-bashi!

Welcome back Sir. Here's to another season of crazy overtakes ....

Â