Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Albrighton El Ahmadi Delph Sylla Tonev

Gabby

Pace for the counter attack. ;)

With the greatest respect what has Tonev done to deserve selection and no Benteke?

Agreed

Swap tonev out for benteke and stick gabby out wide

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Gabby

Pace for the counter attack.  ;)

With the greatest respect what has Tonev done to deserve selection and no Benteke?

What has Benteke done to deserve selection?

I chose wide players and a striker with the most pace as scoring on the counter is what I believe to be our best chance of scoring, that's all.

I watched the Cardiff match and the scoreline flattered arsenal, they were pretty average then + now they have Walcott out, even the baggies got a draw out of them.

If it were not for the dismal blades game I would have said we had a chance, even at home !@#@#$#$ .. still don't think we will get smashed and I reckon a point is very possible.

Thats assuming Tonev does not start, pref not Luna either though not sure what the options are at the moment.

I am hoping for 10% possession , we cant pass at the moment so lets pretend we are playing away, hoof it up & we stand a chance, not sure about tekkers .... one assumes he has to wake up from his coma at some point, so maybe a start but don't be scared to take him off at half time and pop Helenius up there.

• Like 1

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Gabby

Shown himself to be remotely competent at some point in his Villa career?

not sure Tonev has done that (yet, I hasten to add)

Shown himself to be remotely competent at some point in his Villa career?

not sure Tonev has done that (yet, I hasten to add)

So have many players that don't get selected, he has been on terrible form and I'd rather use the extra pace on the counter.

Fair enough. I still don't think that's a reason to start Tonev ahead of him.

I'd rather have a player who's at least shown he's capable of being effective, than a player who's shown himself to be nothing more than terrible (again, so far. I'm not writing the lad off)

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Gabby

I chose wide players and a striker with the most pace as scoring on the counter is what I believe to be our best chance of scoring, that's all.

He hasn't done much but we know what he can do and the less said about Tonev the better. 

I knew there was a reason i kept coming on here: I just love to read all the negative posts about Villa getting thrashed at home; Well i'm holding out for a draw 1-1 and if Benteke is playing he will probably score both. We play well at home against top sides so i'm saying a draw would be a great boost along with beating Liverpoo 3-1 away. SHHHHHHHH dont wake me bro.

• Like 1

I think Lambo will play a 3-5-2 and pack the midfield. That's really what you'd expect to do against Arsenal (even though that's not what we did on the opening day, but we're at home). It's not beyond the realms of possibility to get something out of this (vs Man City style), but it's going to have to be a matter of taking our chances when they come, because I doubt we'll get many. I can't help but think that they shouldn't really be where they are. They have some fantastic players, don't get me wrong, and should still be way up there, but I think that there's a weakness there to be exploited. 

For me it would be

...............Guzan

Lowton.Vlaar.Clark.Luna

......Delph.Westwood

Albrighton.Helenius.Gabby

.............Benteke

Can go 4-4-1-1 with Gabby and Albrighton dropping back and I though NH linked up well with Benteke the other day. He'd be something different, that Arsenal wouldn't be much aware of too.

• Like 1

Only realising now it's the poxy Monday night game. I haaaaate having to wait that long .... then I like when it comes around cuz it's all about our match then :)

• Like 1

A no pressure game at home, very rare........ we will win 3-1, Benteke the beast will storm back into form. Good odds as well for a home team with a top class but misfiring striker and an away team with vital players out.

Yeah i put a tonne on City too lol, amazing how one in a million sorta games always pan out like that when you got money on it. Never been so happy to lose £100 though, a draw would have pissed me off lol

SSN just reported Ox, Ozil and Giroud all fit to play, Ramsey and Gibbs winning the race to be fit too.

Christ, I didn't lose £100. IIRC it was less than a tenner. I basically emptied my remaining stake in BetVictor and, similiar to you, was never happier to lose a few quid :)