What is the total transfer value of this Villa squad?

Con

Estimating the value of Villa's playing assets  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What is your total estimated transfer value NOW for the 21 players in the table below?

• £ 80,000,000 - 100,000,000
    • £ 100,000,000 - 120,000,000
    • £ 120,000,000 - 140,000,000
    • £ 140,000,000 - 160,000,000
    • £ 160,000,000 - 180,000,000
    • £ 180,000,000 - 200,000,000
    • £ 60,000,000 - 80,000,000

Guzan - £1

Westwood - 24p

Delph - 97p

Weimann - 70p

El Ahmadi - 38p

Clark - 9p

Vlaar - 50p

Luna - 1.5p

Agbonlahor - £1.50

Baker - 4 penny farthings

Bacuna - 2p

Benteke - £5

Lowton - 5p

Kozak - 7p

Tonev - a bag of hamster shit

Sylla - 5p

Albrighton - 30p

Herd - 1p

Okore - 40p

Bowery - a bag of ammonia

Helenius - 5p

Total: £?

who's upset you?lol

Edited by TRO

I think the thing that gives higher value to each player is that they are on relatively low wages.

My numbers:

Guzan - 7

Westwood - 3

Delph - 7

Weimann - 3

El Ahmadi - 2

Clark - 3

Vlaar - 5

Luna - 1

Agbonlahor - 8 

Baker - 2

Bacuna - 1.5

Benteke - 20

Lowton - 4

Kozak - 5

Tonev - 1.5

Sylla - 0.5

Albrighton - 2

Herd - 1

Okore - 2

Bowery - 0.5

Helenius - 1

I think that is 80 mill.

Btw, it is a bit depressing, when seeing what the other clubs that are competing on top level pay for their players.

Chelsea:

Shürrle 19.4 mill

Willian 31.2 mill

van Ginkel 8.3 mill

Arsenal:

Özil 44 mill

City:

Fernandinho 35.2 mill

Jovetic 22.9 mill

Tottenham:

Lamela 26.4 mill

Soldado 26.4 mill

Paulinho 17.4 mill

Eriksen 11.9 mill

Everton:

McCarty 13.5 mill

Liverpool:

Sakho 16.7

Benteke alone is probably worth a third of the entire sorry bunch. We'd probably get some money for Vlaar, Gabby, Guzan, Delph, Kozak and Lowton equal to or slightly more than what we paid for them. Weimann would also pull in a few million but not as much as you'd think.

We will have to give a lot of players away. I reckon practically all of Lambert's signings will be the "bomb squad" of the next manager.

Guzan - 7

Westwood - 2

Delph - 7

Weimann - 3

El Ahmadi - 0

Clark - 3

Vlaar - 5

Luna - 0

Agbonlahor - 7

Baker - 0

Bacuna - 2

Benteke - 25

Lowton - 2

Kozak - 4

Tonev - 0.5

Sylla - 0

Albrighton - 1

Herd - 0

Okore - 4

Bowery - 0

Helenius - 1

Edited by R.I.C.O.

So if we can sell players for profit in the future - if the resell value of the team is constantly increasing relative to the wage level - we can spend that extra money on wage increases in the present.

I think you've probably got the timeline a bit mixed up here; I'd have thought it was more like selling players for a profit in the present (assuming that meant an increased turnover, too) may well lead to an increased wage level for that same period. I'd be startled, given what we've been going through (and perhaps still are), if they were to spend now against hoped for future revenue (at least this particular kind of stream). Edited by snowychap

So if we can sell players for profit in the future - if the resell value of the team is constantly increasing relative to the wage level - we can spend that extra money on wage increases in the present.

I think you've probably got the timeline a bit mixed up here; I'd have thought it was more like selling players for a profit in the present (assuming that meant an increased turnover, too) may well lead to an increased wage level for that same period. I'd be startled, given what we've been going through (and perhaps still are), if they were to spend now against hoped for future revenue (at least this particular kind of stream).

If the resell value of the team has increased that assumes the team has finished higher up the table and has put in some impressive performances.

Otherwise the player values will not increase much, if at all. 

Better performances mean higher income through merchandise, ticket sales, end of season prize money.

As the resell value of the team increases current revenue should increase. Together with transfer profits, this should justify higher wage spend.

At no point should wage spend become excessive relative to the team resell value. I don't have an exact formula for knowing where that point is.

It's in fact impossible to know player resell values without actually selling them but the idea of increasing wages as the team gets better is logical. Otherwise the side will never move up the table.

By increasing wages after improved performances you support, in incremental steps, higher league position. 

If performances fall back again, a mistake has been made, and you rein back the wage spend again. 

Edited by Con

Can't see us getting £25m for Benteke tbh. No-one would pay us that in the summer when he was hot hot hot. Now he's a bit cooler.

Con, your methodology seems wrong. If we buy a player for £7m and his value rises to £25m we don't have £18m to spend on wages. We need to find the transfer fee for a player of similar quality and their wages. So there is less money to pay on wages than you think even if Lerner was prepared to spend it.

Given the bizarre premium that tends to come with players who have been owned by premier league clubs, I'd say we'd be looking at a higher and lower value (depending on the desperation of the buyer) for each of the squad of approximately...

Guzan - £5-8m 
Westwood - £3-4.5m
Delph - £6-8.5m
Weimann - £4-6m
El Ahmadi - £2.3-3.5m
Clark - £3.5-5m
Vlaar - £4-6m
Luna - £1.5-2.5m
Agbonlahor - £8-9.5m
Baker - £2-3.5m 
Bacuna - £2-3.5m
Benteke - £15-25m
Lowton - £2-4m
Kozak - £4-6m
Tonev - £1-2m
Sylla - £1-1.5m
Albrighton - £2.4-4m
Herd - £0.5-1.5m
Okore - £4-8m
Bowery - £0.5-1.5m
Helenius - £2.5-4m

At the lower end of the spectrum, that'd  value the squad at around £74.2m

While at the higher end, it'd be about £118m

So to average them out, about £96.1m?

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Can't see us getting £25m for Benteke tbh. No-one would pay us that in the summer when he was hot hot hot. Now he's a bit cooler.

Con, your methodology seems wrong. If we buy a player for £7m and his value rises to £25m we don't have £18m to spend on wages. We need to find the transfer fee for a player of similar quality and their wages. So there is less money to pay on wages than you think even if Lerner was prepared to spend it.

The transfer fee would come out of other money, such as end of season league position prize.

Perhaps I'm being excessive to claim all the difference should go into wages. The general point is as player resell value increases, more should be spent on wages to support the higher league position the team is then capable of achieving.

Guzan - £7m
Westwood - £1.5m
Delph - £6m
Weimann - £3m
El Ahmadi - £1m
Clark - £5m
Vlaar - £5m
Luna - £1m
Agbonlahor - £6m
Baker - £2m

Bacuna - £1m
Benteke - £15m
Lowton - £3m
Kozak - £4m
Tonev - £250k
Sylla - £250k
Albrighton - £1.5m
Herd - £500k
Okore - £4m
Bowery - £100k 
Helenius - £500k

Total - £67.6m

Edited by villarule123

I think your poll needs a £60-80m option.

Now added.

Fire away everyone. I think you are undervaluing the team though. Remember we got £2-3 million when we sold Bannan where as some people were valuing him at about zero.

We got 500k for Bannan with add ons making it a max of £3m depending on their PL status and amoungst others i'd imagine like goals and assists.

I think your valuations of Agbonlahor is massively over rated. As is Guzman and a few others.

We'd get at least what we paid for in regard to Lambert's signings as they now have experience in playing PL football, the only exception is Tonev and Luna whom we'd probably get what we paid for in return.

I can see slight profits in the likes of Westwood, Lowton, Bacuna and Kozak. KEA is a strange one though as he has scored a couple of important and very well taken goals and has played well in at least half his matches.

I think Clark is now looking a player, so too Delph and I think there are many teams who would love to call on the pace of Agbonlahor.

• Like 1

I think your poll needs a £60-80m option.

Now added.

Fire away everyone. I think you are undervaluing the team though. Remember we got £2-3 million when we sold Bannan where as some people were valuing him at about zero.

We got 500k for Bannan with add ons making it a max of £3m depending on their PL status and amoungst others i'd imagine like goals and assists.

I think your valuations of Agbonlahor is massively over rated. As is Guzman and a few others.

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Edited by chappy

Â