NYE

StefanAVFC

Used to run the bar every NYE, which is'nt the most pleasurable of experiences.....having to endure hours of unintelligible abuse, break up fight after fight and see off the night mopping up pools of puke, sprinkled liberally with broken glass. And I don't even drink FFS!

My fondest memory, though, was of the town 'nutter', dressed in full Roman Centurion garb, fighting off all-comers on the steps of the pub  :D. I'd have paid good money to see him standing before the magistrate in the morning like that!

Not tonite ta.

Slightly tipsy as I write this but Happy New Year VT! Hopefully 2014 is better than 2013 for the Villa. UTV!

I really should be out drinking with friends, but unfortunately I'm stuck here in Australia :mellow:

it should be universally accepted that the hootenanny is the utter nadir of music television.

Tinkle Tinkle Little Jools, your show is full of tools. 

Good article here - spot on it is too

That point 5 on Jools in the article is one of the best summaries I've ever seen.

I'm keeping that.

I had an offer of a Hootefanny ticket. Well, firstly I wasn't in the mood for New Year's Eve when it was filmed in November. Secondly, if they think I'm going to wear black so I don't stand out against the celebs and stand at the back behind some keyclamp barricade whilst people that were once on the Fast Show spunk celeb anecdotes over each other....

• Like 1

Slightly tipsy as I write this but Happy New Year VT! Hopefully 2014 is better than 2013 for the Villa. UTV!

I really should be out drinking with friends, but unfortunately I'm stuck here in Australia :mellow:

They still have alcohol in Australia right?

Yeah :lol:  no fun drinking alone and drinking at home though.

Yeah :lol:  no fun drinking alone and drinking at home though.

I beg to differ...

Staying in.

Pork ribs and pasta for dinner, Lindsey Buckingham in Concert on DVD, lots of vino collapso, and attempting to remove the wifes stockings and undies without ripping them into tiny bits.

Perfect evening ;)

Staying in.

attempting to remove the wifes stockings and undies without ripping them into tiny bits.

Perfect evening ;)

I'm the same, the slightest scag and she knows exactly what I've been doing whilst she was out.

• Like 4

Yeah :lol: no fun drinking alone and drinking at home though.

Come to Melbourne mate ;)

Edited by Ghost

it should be universally accepted that the hootenanny is the utter nadir of music television.

Tinkle Tinkle Little Jools, your show is full of tools. 

Good article here - spot on it is too

Awesome write-up!!

But fails to mention the most important point. 

It's not live. 

Not filmed at over midnight, not filmed on NYE... not even filmed in December. They record it in August! 

working until 5pm

going home

reading

ordering a curry

reading

eating curry

watch film

fall asleep on settee

wake up at about 1am in the year 2014

prepare myself for another year of absolute shite

Start as you mean to go on.

I'm veering between a mates and staying at home. Got drunk last night so feel a bit rubbish today

Â