NYE

StefanAVFC

staying in with the whole gang

music

giant communal chip shop fish n chips

kids vs adults board game olympics

corny and twee, but we all love it, and the nippers will be off getting drunk and snogging and trying to buy puff soon enough so we enjoy it whilst we can

• Like 4

kids vs adults board game olympics

I always win at Monopoly so my family won't play any board games with me. I have the Have I Got News For You board game sitting on my shelf unplayed. :(

we play a bastardised version of monopoly with a strict time limit (and shouting for time wasting)

youngest has to be banker to improve basic 'rithmetic by stealth

trivial pursuits still gets a spin but for some reason adults just can't win that one

clockwork racing santa's proving a big hit this year (from some awesome Waitrose crackers)

I always win at Monopoly so my family won't play any board games with me. I have the Have I Got News For You board game sitting on my shelf unplayed.  :(

awww i'll come and play with you

^^^ There you go.

• Like 2

glass of wine, worlds strongest man, more wine, tell announcer to go do themselves when they say here is jools hootenanny, go to bed.

Same here (swap wine for Talisker whiskey). I'm also likely to throw something at my TV once Barlow appears for his "live concert". 

• Like 1

I can't possibly win when it comes to NYE.

I don't particularly want to go out, but if I don't then i'll be faced with a wall of depression as I cry my way through the Hootenanny. NYE sucks, it's just like any other night, except it comes with expensive taxis and an extra dose of idiots.

• Like 1

I bloody hate NYE.  Every year it's the same old shite - friends bugging me to go out for what has to rank amongst one of the worst nights of the year to go out. Admittedly, I don't catch up with my old mates as often as I should but on NYE? No ta. 

Hate it with a passion. 

Hate.

How the hell do you win on New Years eve? What represents a good one? going out is crap, staying in even worse. Perhaps summitting Mt Everest as the clock strikes 12 would constitute a good one, but even that is made impossible by the weather.

Â