What kit did you like the best?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What kit did you like the best?

• Top Left - Blue Chevron sides blue V-Neck Collar
    • Top Right - No Chevrons rounded collar Yellow Trim
    • Bottom Left - Blue Chevron sides blue "Shirt Collar"
    • Bottom Right - Chevrons on armpit traditional blue sleeve
    • Didn't vote (Shame on Me!)

With the success of the recent kit survey announced on the OS, I'd like to put forward an opinion / exit poll which asks the same question to VT fans.

Here's the link to the kits

Also I ask you ... what do you think of the arrows strewn down the arms of the villa kit this year?

Terrible? Tacky? Tremendous?

I personally got worried when news broke of the potential manufacturer deal with hummel as I've always taken the mick out of their pub football style sunday league kits!

I like some of their training gear such as the Windstopper! However! Is there a real need to stamp Hummels logo all over our beautiful kit!!?!?!

Keep Villa Tidy!

Joe Montague!

Why is not voting "shame on me"? I don't go to web sites which ask me for personal data before I get to see any content.

Because true fans love the club and its portrayal to the outside world

They also like to see the 'noses get bad results!

Why is not voting "shame on me"? I don't go to web sites which ask me for personal data before I get to see any content.

.......why does it really matter?

Has to have Blue sleeves I am afraid - I would go for a hybrid of a couple of those - as has been concoted by others on this site

Also I ask you ... what do you think of the arrows strewn down the arms of the villa kit this year?

Terrible? Tacky? Tremendous?

I hated them at first and thought they looked like the 'sharp bend' road signs but they've really grown on me. Dont suit the long sleeve but it is quite an original feature which stands out.

I love the club, and probably care more than most about the design of the shirt. As there was no "they're all shite" option, I didnt vote.

Shame on me?

In short, Yes :)

And then host a big website free of charge for us.

The kit isn't important. Or at least it shouldn't be - it should be clear it should be claret body and blue sleeves. It's what is inside the kit we should worry about first.

so at time of posting the winner is those that don't care about the club - bizarre

sorry Irish I cannot see why you put that option.

For me the kit design matters in that it has to be claret n blue. I have liked some of the different ones throughout the years, and I still wear those that fit ;-). It is not a fashion item and i see no difference in support level by those wearing this season's and those wearing the green n black striped Muller shirt.

As for AJ it only matters as every year he needs a new one, so I don't subscribe to the 'ripping off fans' either. I really should let him back on the net.........

These survey's are just a waste of time and there just to please the fans that the club are seeking their input.

This seasons kit was nothing like any of the kits that was on survey last year even if you take bits from all the shirts in it.

This seasons kit is a different version of the Denmark and other hummel kits that was out last year. I suspect the club already have a design in mind by now.

However I may be mistaken.

For me the kit design matters in that it has to be claret n blue. I have liked some of the different ones throughout the years, and I still wear those that fit ;-). It is not a fashion item...

I know I've got a very one-eyed opinion on this subject, but I REALLY BELIEVE that it IS important, and that it IS a fashion item. The shirt isn't just about us and our colours, it's about people in Japan who watch the Premiership on telly and want to buy a shirt because they like it, rather than because of the team. This is why I always make so much noise when the new kit's come out or a new deal is announced.

When Nike presented to Man Utd, Peter Kenyon (at the time) said "It doesnt matter about the design, we always sell 500,000 (yes, that does say 500,000) shirts". Nike advertised it and sold it through their retail network and Utd sold 2m (yes, that does say 2m) shirts in a year. That sort of money pays for a Wayne Rooney every summer.

Who was interested in Cameroon until they did the whole sleeveless thing? (Where's Ryu when I need back up?) What are you opinions on the England shirt (given that it's an optional buy for most rather than an emotional one like the Villa shirt)? The design counts, and it makes money. The same goes for the brand of the supplier, and the sponsor.

Wolfsburg sold 2000 shirts in the UK, just because they had a VW logo on the chest, the St Pauli shirt which was sponsored by Jack Daniel's is worth a mint on the internet, and so on.

I know that for most of us as normal fans, as long as it's claret body and blue sleeves it's ok, but in a BUSINESS and PROMOTION sense (which is what we hammer Ellis for all the time), the kit design can be critical in term of raising funds.

Â