New Music 2014

Xann

It is very good, but better than The Hunter? Bold statement indeed.

Hey, Mastodon are a "bold" band after all. I've loved just about everything they've done, but "Once More" blew my socks off from first listening. 

To quote the great Roy Walker, "say what you see".

• Like 1

That's strange, I'd never heard of A Winged Victory For The Sullen until this week, now you've mentioned them and I'm going to see them in a few weeks time.

Haven't even youtubed / soundclouded them yet, I might keep whatever they sound like as a surprise for myself!

• Like 1

Not sure why I was expecting anything else but it's no surprise that U2 are giving their new album away. In fact, it probably shouldn't even be referenced in this thread as it's about as far from "new" music as you can get

Big plug for Dan Michaelson and The Coastguards new album, which my mate Horse plays on (he is a Coastguard) (sorry Donnie). Chrisp, you may recall my mate, that played banjo for Mary Epworth? This is him. 

17882018540054-1024x1024.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Panda Bear album has leaked, I liked Person Pitch but wasn't so very keen on Tomboy.

Some good songs on it, I particulary liked 'Boys Latin' and 'Tropic of Cancer'.

Edited by useless

Wow good, I remember really wanting that one a while back but of course the originals were too expensive. Le Déjeuner Sur L'Herbe was another I liked at the time, will have to give 'Hum Dono' another listen.

Maybe whoever sold this one knew something, or just good timing.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1