New Music 2014

Xann

• 3 weeks later...

New Boris LP (well, 2xLP, or a CD with a bonus disc with tracks not on the LP) is now up for preorder, hooray. It's is tantilisngly titled 'Noise'. I don't believe it is a noise album, though, as one of the tracks is Angel, which they performed on the Flood tour, and is a lovely droney number. Or at least it was. You never know with Boris.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aphex Twin has announced a new album called Syro. Guess it won't be out this year though.

Edit: Reading WATMM one of them seemed to think it might get released on September 8th. It's only really his two Ambient albums I like so may not be something for me to look forward to. Although I'm interested to see what he's come with this time.

Edited by useless

After failing last year to keep on top of it I decided to make a 2014 Music Playlist on Spotify and the idea originally was that I would limit it to 50 songs so that I would keep taking out weaker songs and only putting songs in that I felt were really worth it. However it's now on 88 songs so I need to get on top of it again

My favourite album this year has to be Dark Days by Canterbury.

And there are 3 albums I'm hoping come out this year. Mallory Knox, Don Broco and Young Guns

Edited by skarroki

• 2 weeks later...

FKA_twigs_-_LP1.png

FKA twigs - LP1

Probably my album of the year so far. Also been enjoying St. Vincent's new album, although I still think Strange Mercy is her best album, the new one feels as though she's gone a little too 'art rock queen' and lost a little of the intimacy of her first three albums. It's still brilliant though.

Other highlights so far being Angel Olsen, The War on Drugs, Sun Kil Moon, Lee Fields, and I really liked the new Antlers album, despite a lot of reviews saying the tracks were too homogenous I think it's a brilliant headphones record.

Special mention to Todd Terje, really didn't expect to enjoy his album as much as I did, this is one of those songs you just can't help but move your feet to.

Edit: Also managed to pick up the blue reissue of Portishead's Dummy before it sold out, though I'm never taking it out of the cellophane.

Edited by Delphouneso
  • Like 1