New Music 2014

Xann

BWdJSkLIQAAIr92.jpg

...shame it's fake, eh?

Sorry, I'm confused. Is that the line up this year, or a mock up? My festival days are mostly over (the odd ATP aside), but I'd consider coming out of retirement for that line up.

BWdJSkLIQAAIr92.jpg

...shame it's fake, eh?

Sorry, I'm confused. Is that the line up this year, or a mock up? My festival days are mostly over (the odd ATP aside), but I'd consider coming out of retirement for that line up.

i think it must have originated as someones dream line-up, but yes, a mock-up, 100% fake!

The only ones confirmed at the moment are Arcade Fire, Pixies, and Neutral Milk Hotel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

English Oceans by the Drive By Truckers is coming out on March 4th

I've set a reminder on my phone so I can download it before going to work the day it comes out. Feels like longer than 3 years since Go-Go-Boots was released.

Looking forward to getting a new DBT fix, the only thing that is slightly concering is that Patterson Hood has handed over half of the song writing duties to Mick Cooley, Whilst I like Cooley's stuff Patterson Hood has always been the main man in the band.

Cant help that they will never hit the heights they did when they had Jason Isbell in the band

• 2 weeks later...

DobleDragón, a terrific noise/math-rock band from the Chilean capital have released their second album (imaginatively titled 'II') for the price of gratis over on their Bandcamp page. Be warned, the album artwork is a teeny bit NSFW (specifically a cartoon drawing of two lady-bits in the process of *ahem* intersecting)... clicky.

You can also pick up their self-titled debut from last year for nowt, which I recommend you do, because it is also terrific.

A taster...

Just ordered this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVdE469GOwg

Happy happy happy (expensive) tears were shed Happy_Cry___Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

I had Spiderland when it came out and it was consigned to a box entitled this is very disappointing and you should probably never listen to it again. I gave it away in the end. I appreciate I am swimming against the tide with this as most people consider it a classic.

Just ordered this

I had Spiderland when it came out and it was consigned to a box entitled this is very disappointing and you should probably never listen to it again. I gave it away in the end. I appreciate I am swimming against the tide with this as most people consider it a classic.

It is certainly one of the best records I've ever listened to. There's an indescribable, ethereal, feeling to it that I never tire of. Have you listened to it since then?

DON STEPPED OUTSIDE...

Still a few weeks till I have it though.

Speaking of which, I might do good old fashioned favourite records ever post. Have we got a general music or a favourite albums ever thread?

Edited by hogso

No, and to be honest if I were to revisit it, I should have done whilst I still liked (broadly) indie music. Its definitely a me not you situation. Its like when people say that they dont like in an aeroplane over the sea, I used to get exasperated that it didnt change their lives in the same way it did for me. Now thats an album, I would say thats one of about five indie albums I can still listen to and not frown. 

• 1 month later...

Just ordered this

Arrived this week, it's a wonderful set. There's also a 90 minute docu about the band and the record which is fantastic.

Turns out they basically chucked the lyrics in at the last minute, they'd be playing the songs live for awhile but they never had lyrics till they recorded it.