No experience = another relegation battle

Avflife

Go ahead fella, tbh I could be making mistakes on purpose now just for your enjoyment. Anyways this is off topic, so getting back to the threads purpose, who do you think is behind the club losing the last four games and now just three points off the relegation zone??

Edited by Avflife

Mix of factors.

Impossible to pin-point an individual.

Lambert isn't anything to write home about tactically. Players out of form. Lack of investment on wages in the summer leading to inadequate players. It's all just a mess.

After seeing him against Spurs in the League Cup, Lambert doesn't want 'Big Nicky' upstaging him in the showers.

Only rational explanation IMO.

Edited by StefanAVFC

After seeing him against Spurs in the League Cup, Lambert doesn't want 'Big Nicky' upstaging him in the showers.

Lambert is just clueless, can take Ian (Culverhouse) and Weimann with him after the Swansea defeat.

Lambert is just clueless, can take Ian (Culverhouse) and Weimann with him after the Swansea defeat.

No, I agree. I'd feel threatened if my reserve striker had a bigger winkle than me as well.

Love how on VT everyone is so pessimistic, someone tries to put their point across and gets slated for it. 

How can you say that "everyone is so pessimistic" when you stated in this thread that Villa are already down. Completely absurd. 

• Like 3

Ok seeing as I am bored I am going to list all the factors in my opinion that are hurting this club:

1) Form: Gabby, Benteke and Weimann all being woefully out of form or injured - they are the focal point of our team - all our attacks and creativity comes via those three players as we have nothing in midfield to create anything. Their form/fitness is not Lambert's fault but the lack of a competent midfield or plan B is. Also whilst Clark has pushed on Baker has gone backwards and to a lesser extent so has Lowton, Westwood and Sylla. KEA has offered something - just arguably not enough. But everything which was good and consistent about our team last season has now faded aside from Guzan, Clark and Vlaar within occasional flashes of Delph.

2) Limited and reactive tactics: Lambert changes the team and tactics every game, you can partially understand why because it's a results business after all - but the players that do play must struggle to understand their roles and the system they are meant to play week in week out, so few leaders and so little experience - no wonder half the players look like they don't know what they are doing. Look at Delph trying and failing to pass to Tonev v Stoke, utter comedy, you'd think the two players had never met before. Also for some reason when we do play well it is usually for 20-45 mins, we seem incapable of making a single set of core tactics work for 90 mins.

3) Lack of depth: Last season when we lost key players like Vlaar and Benteke to injury or rested players in the cup our football also when to shite - because without our key players we look like a league one side. This hasn't changed. Kozak might have added a little depth to our front line but again he's not the sort of player who is going to create and score his own chances like Benteke did (when he was good) so playing Kozak without width or creativity isn't the best option. Bacuna has added depth despite some bad performances of late, Luna and Tonev have offered nothing better than what we had already, and who knows with Helenius?

4) Substitutions - Lambert still makes them too late or choses the likes of Bowery and Bacuna to turn a game around when we are losing. He also always brings on the same players - never gambling on players that might actually make a difference.

5) Suspensions - Because we seem to have lost the ability to play football properly, our passing is poor our first touch non-existent and our possession retention laughable - thus we end up picking up so many yellow cards because our players are constantly chasing the game and trying to win back possession with moody tackles.

6) Injuries - I have not known a season where so many players have been injured so frequently, plus having Okore and N'Zogbia ruled out so early has really limited our options and Tekkers injured/psychologically messed up is crucial to where we are now (yeah the sudden knee injury thing isn't the full story in my opinion anyway). Lambert can't be blamed for that. Even Bennett has failed to kick a ball in anger - which most would be happy with if Luna was actually any good. Even Albrighton and Herd have come back into the equation and no-one would have predicted that in the summer!!!!!

7) No voices: And finally to repeat slightly - we have so little leadership and experience in the team. Guzan can marshall the defence to an extent and Vlaar helps when fit but the rest of the team look like rabbits in headlights. Gabby has experience and talent, but he barely says a word to his team mates, in fact most of our team only seem to communicate when a pass intended for them goes straight to the opposition for the 50th time.

The thing that alarms me is people are starting to think that if we had our first choice eleven playing now things would be different, obviously the odds would be better, but about 8 games in we where playing with that first choice eleven and we were still bloody awful. When Benteke was fit we went through a 4/5 game period where is was just Guzan hoofing it to Benteke and sod all in between.

My only hope is from the pain and tribulations of recent months Lambert starts to understand the weaknesses and strengths in our squad. If he thinks we can go back to 433, counter attacking and hoofball when everyone is fit - then we are doomed to relegation.

Edited by VillanousOne

Love how on VT everyone is so pessimistic, someone tries to put their point across and gets slated for it. 

How can you say that "everyone is so pessimistic" when you stated in this thread that Villa are already down. Completely absurd. 

By pessimism I meant people slating posts for a few mistakes in them, utterly childish. VillanousOne have to agree with you on your 4th point, bringing Bowery on ahead of Helenius makes me actually want to give up, relying on a donkey who couldn't hit a barndoor in League 2 is utter madness. 

For me Lambert's lack of experienced and needed signings e.g. a number **** 10 and tactical switch around every game is affecting the club's Premiership stature.  

Wouldn't trust him with whatever funds RL is apparently going to give him in January to spend, probably go out and buy three players from League 2.

Edited by Avflife

Poor thread. There's about 3 or 4 already going over the same topics. Fulham are also in a relegation battle and are loaded with experience. It's how you play the game that counts, and we just aren't doing that very well right now.

Edited by villan_007

Why is it a poor thread I was clearly providing my opinion to why we are currently in the mess we are?? In regards to Fulham half of their experienced players are lazy bastards who don't believe in tracking back.

Edited by Avflife

Why is it a poor thread I was clearly providing my opinion to why we are currently in the mess we are?? In regards to Fulham half of their experienced players are lazy bastards who don't believe in tracking back.

It's poor because if you bothered to look at any other threads you'd see there are multiple other threads talking about the same things.

• Like 1

Â