No experience = another relegation battle

Avflife

Here we go again, we find ourselves in another relegation battle, a 4th consecutive season of staring the fear of relegation in the face.

After a nap, thanks to my bout of man flu, I've come to the conclusion that Paul Lambert is the main factor behind the club being three points off the relegation dog fight, the reasons below are why I think his time at Villa should come an end if we lose against Swansea and then Sunderland.

Out of PL's 16 long-term signings only two over the age of 23 have IMO contributed towards the club moving forward (not considering in the factor of four straight defeats) they are Ron Vlaar and Brad Guzan; the rest look like they would/have struggle in the Championship.

Without experience over time the cracks will start to appear, so with Lambert's refusal and stubbornness to opt for players who are 'young and hungry' and under the age of 23 instead of experienced heads, it just proves to me another man should be at the helm for the remainder of the season; not signing Barry was scandalous. 

The majority on here clearly think Randy Lerner is too blame due to his lack of funding, but after a conversation on Twitter I've rethought my views. PL has spent around 40 million and expect for arguably Vlaar, Guzan and Benteke who else has been stand-out signings.

Out of the starting 11 today how many players are of actual Premier League quality, 4 or 5 for me, so without doubt we NEED to see funds given to another manager before its all to late, for once I'm actually feeling downbeat to where the next three points are going to come from.

Around 10-15m is needed for a centre back, midfield enforcer and number 10, wouldn't mind Zaha on loan from Utd as well.

Edited by Avflife

I think it's obvious that this team are crying out for a strong spine of experienced Premier League players to be brought in. I know we had the horrid MON experience with a bunch of mr average cloggers on high wages and i am not saying we want more of those but for me if we had Lescott in defence alongside Vlaar with Clark & Baker as back ups it would immediately tighten us up at the back and also give our young players someone to learn their trade from. This is the same all over the pitch, we have potential but who do they learn from day to day? It's allright coaching them along but they need to be playing alongside someone who can pass on their knowledge of the game.

So for me we need a Lescott type in defence and ditto in midfield & upfront. We also need more strength in the side too as we are so easily bullied off the ball, again attributes which would go hand in hand with a few more toughened established Premier League players.

We'll actually down already IMO, unless we spend considerable funds on a number 10, another centreback and midfield enforcer, I wouldn't mind another winger as well if funds allow that.

Vlaar & Benteke things might look different. Also there are more poorer teams this year - all to play for yet - but it don't look great - I looked around today and thought who on earth is going to score for us ?

The majority on here clearly think Randy Lerner  is too blame due to his lack of funding, but after a conversation on Twitter I've rethought my views. PL has spent around 40 million and expect for arguably Vlaar, Guzan and Benteke who else has been stand-out signings.

a freelance journalist

brucewillisdoubletake.gif

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

The majority on here clearly think Randy Lerner  is too blame due to his lack of funding, but after a conversation on Twitter I've rethought my views. PL has spent around 40 million and expect for arguably Vlaar, Guzan and Benteke who else has been stand-out signings.

a freelance journalist

brucewillisdoubletake.gif

Can't take anyone serious who thinks Bowery was actually a worthwhile signing, sorry :)

A selection of your quotes from Twitter, "last year he had his merits, he contributed to wins last season and he more than paid his minuscule fee in his appearances last season." :)

Edited by Avflife

To be fair Avflife, you are merely distracting attention from Stefan's original point regarding your poor usage of basic grammar on a regular basis which would clearly cast severe doubt on your claim that you are a journalist of some sort.

Without trying to sound condescending, is English your first-language?

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

To be fair Avflife, you are merely distracting attention from Stefan's original point regarding your poor usage of basic grammar on a regular basis which would clear cast severe doubt on your claim that you are a journalist of some sort.

Looks like the lions are out on VT tonight, shame they weren't on the pitch yesterday. Two mistakes on a online forum, sorry boss I'll make sure to double check my work in future.

Didn't Bowery play a significant role in the goal Agbonlahor scored at Stoke? Off topic anyway.

We need quality. 

Ding ding ding. The point I made.

You see that he's taken from my Tweet that "bowery has repaid his minuscule fee' as I class him as a worthwhile signing. Fair play, you're a decent journalist because twisting words is what all good journos do.

This was the entire exchange.

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore He more than paid his minuscule fee in his appearances last season.

@StefanWilson @StanCollymore Hahahaha 500k and hasn't done anything in the slightest

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore 500k is nothing. And he contributed to wins last season.

@StefanWilson @StanCollymore Contributed how?? You're the only person I know who thinks Bowery is of any use, Helenius deserves his chance.

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore I personally don't think he should be on the bench, but last year he had his merits.

@StefanWilson @StanCollymore You do msle me laugh, what merits, really makes me wonder what Helenius can't offer than Bowery can #clueless

As you can see, I said nothing of the sort. Keep at the journalism though, you're doing a cracking job.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Your point, you're clearly trying to defend the lethal ex Chesterfield man and everyone can clearly see that from our conversation we had a while back. I will thanks, started to put IMO in my pieces at work, went down a treat with my editor ;)

To be fair Avflife, you are merely distracting attention from Stefan's original point regarding your poor usage of basic grammar on a regular basis which would clear cast severe doubt on your claim that you are a journalist of some sort.

Looks like the lions are out on VT tonight, shame they weren't on the pitch yesterday. Two mistakes on a online forum, sorry boss I'll make sure to double check my work in future.

Oh dear, make that 3 mistakes! Let the checking begin!  :P

• Like 1

Your point, you're clearly trying to defend the lethal ex Chesterfield man and everyone can clearly see that from our conversation we had a while back. I will thanks, started to put IMO in my pieces at work, went down a treat with my editor ;)

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore I personally don't think he should be on the bench, but last year he had his merits.

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore I personally don't think he should be on the bench, but last year he had his merits.

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore I personally don't think he should be on the bench

:wacko: 

Because you clearly need it explained to you, my point was that Bowery more than paid his fee (because it was so low) in his appearances last year. Played a big part in the goal at Stoke and started against West Ham?

I clearly didn't say he was a worthwhile signing and I didn't really even defend him.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Also, 'defending Bowery' isn't my job, yet journalism is yours. Put something like that out there and you open yourself up to criticism. Especially when you try to use 'freelance journalist' as some badge of honour that you know better.

@Heathy_25 @StanCollymore I personally don't think he should be on the bench

:wacko: 

Because you clearly need it explained to you, my point was that Bowery more than paid his fee (because it was so low) in his appearances last year. Played a big part in the goal at Stoke and started against West Ham?

I clearly didn't say he was a worthwhile signing and I didn't really even defend him.

Also, 'defending Bowery' isn't my job, yet journalism is yours. Put something like that out there and you open yourself up to criticism. Especially when you try to use 'freelance journalist' as some badge of honour that you know better.

I'm happy to receive constructive criticism, its part of any industry, sure superiors do the same in teaching to help individuals' progression. 

Don't remember using it as a 'badge of honour', just stating that is the career I'm looking at getting into :)

Â